Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monster hunting/supernatural horror in the vein of WoD?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smarttman
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Monster hunting/supernatural horror in the vein of WoD? Reply with quote

I know Rippers is the supernatural horror setting for SW, but has anyone tried to create a more modern setting? I know Apocalypse Prevention Inc is supposed to get a conversion, but there is little news for WHEN.

I have found a Mage and a Vampire conversion, but that's really it
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agents of Oblivion. There's a lot of supernatural-hunting potential in that setting, though the PCs are assumed to be human (super-spies, but human).

If you want to actually be monsters, the coming Scarey Tales would seem to fit. Everyone makes a character from Grimme-style stories and runs around with them. But it's not out yet.

Day After Ragnarok has you fighting all kinds of monsters, after the USA dropped the bomb on the Norse apocalypse.

Deadlands: Noir will have lots of supernatural stuff going on in an alternate-history 1930's.

Do people do supernatural horror in the modern world? Yes. Do most of them publish it? Nope, because they'd constantly be compared to the World of Darkness. Instead, they grab the Horror Companion and have an awesome game.

Good luck!
Zadmar
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Supernaturalis rules were originally intended for urban fantasy, and could easily be used to handle the crunch side of a WoD-style setting.

You could also use the SPC.

The HC has some great content and is definitely worth picking up, but its monstrous races are not balanced with each other.
smarttman
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zadmar wrote:
My Supernaturalis rules were originally intended for urban fantasy, and could easily be used to handle the crunch side of a WoD-style setting.

You could also use the SPC.

The HC has some great content and is definitely worth picking up, but its monstrous races are not balanced with each other.

Wow, really really cool stuff! Thanks!
Crumbs
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Realms of Cthulhu has some notes on how to adapt the mythos to modern times.

Really though the genre of modern super natural horror is pretty easy to do on your own. I just do it as I would any other modern game but the PCs or NPCs are some variation of "monster."
heathd666
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rpgnow.com/product/101783/Judgment-Day-%28Expanded-Edition%29?manufacturers_id=3683

MTE put this out i bought it but havnt had time to read it but for 6 dollars for the pdf it may be what you are looking for.

sincerely
heath delashmit
kreider204
Heroic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/3168/12TM%3A-Green%27s-Guide-to-Ghosts%3A-Savaged-edition?it=1
Darq666
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Monster hunting/supernatural horror in the vein of WoD? Reply with quote

smarttman wrote:
I know Rippers is the supernatural horror setting for SW, but has anyone tried to create a more modern setting? I know Apocalypse Prevention Inc is supposed to get a conversion, but there is little news for WHEN.

I have found a Mage and a Vampire conversion, but that's really it

API has been beta testing at Cons - They say very soon.
First Oni
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That "very soon" is changed to "very very soon", by the way.

-Eloy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: