Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SWD - Art - Red Futuristic Armor
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jasales
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:02 am    Post subject: SWD - Art - Red Futuristic Armor Reply with quote

So there are four or more pieces of art showing some cool red sci-fi armor. What product is that from?
operations
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they commissioned some new art just for this book.
jfiz
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: also on adventure deck cards? Reply with quote

I picked up a set of the adventure deck cards at Origins. Some of those cards feature characters wearing red sci-fi themed armor... just wondering but, is that the same armor you're seeing in the book?

Mainly asking, because I was curious too about whether that might be from a setting (maybe from one of the Licensed books) ?

A lot of the other artwork in the adventure deck seems to be from various settings we can identify (Kane, slipstream, etc.) so it seems likely to me that the red armor could be from a setting as well.

...curiosity is killing me haha.
Jordan Peacock
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wondering about the cool red armor as well. Smile I've also been curious to see if there's a helmet that goes with the suit....
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a force field generator is integrated, as one may assume from the picture on p43 Razz
jasales
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Often the art is from a licensed product. I don't have the new adventure cards to compare. If anyone does, please let us know what you find. Very curious.
grimmshade
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RALLY card is the only one I see with what is possibly a guy with red power armor holding a flag and fighting red bug-headed aliens.
Tavis
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty certain that the RALLY Adventure Card is meant to be a Red Knight from Evernight.

SWD: 50 Fathoms (GM)
Chaosmeister
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

could this be artwork from "Red Sand" or what was the supposed hard sci fi setting?
Patrick
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Rising?
jfiz
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: not the rally card... Reply with quote

I don't think the OP and I were referring to the Rally card (?)

...I was looking at the adventure deck (+ bonus promo cards) I purchased as a set that comes with a small-sized action deck as well..picked em up at origins. I have no idea whether there are different versions/iterations of the adventure deck though.

Some cards in that copy of the adventure deck (not the promos) feature characters that resemble space marines, or members of some kind of para-military or similar force.

They are wearing Red armor that is not power-armor per-se...more just like fairly thick futuristic armor (though it could just be really refined plate or similar I guess?).

There are around 3 or 4 cards in the deck that feature the red armor I think. A couple of the cards feature multiple characters in the graphic who are wearing the armor, and I think one of the cards has a single character wearing it.

Hope that helps pinpoint what I am seeing...
grimmshade
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: not the rally card... Reply with quote

jfiz wrote:
I don't think the OP and I were referring to the Rally card (?)

...I was looking at the adventure deck (+ bonus promo cards) I purchased as a set that comes with a small-sized action deck as well..picked em up at origins. I have no idea whether there are different versions/iterations of the adventure deck though.

Some cards in that copy of the adventure deck (not the promos) feature characters that resemble space marines, or members of some kind of para-military or similar force.

They are wearing Red armor that is not power-armor per-se...more just like fairly thick futuristic armor (though it could just be really refined plate or similar I guess?).

There are around 3 or 4 cards in the deck that feature the red armor I think. A couple of the cards feature multiple characters in the graphic who are wearing the armor, and I think one of the cards has a single character wearing it.

Hope that helps pinpoint what I am seeing...

I have the exact same deck and didn't see the cards on a second look either, just that one rally card (which admittedly could be a knight.)
tylermo
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are really psyched for these red power armor soldiers, aren't you? Since there's great demand for this, I hereby give Pinnacle a chance to publish my first rpg...S.P.A.B! Super Power Armored Bunch! Move over G.I. Joe. Here comes S.P.A.B.!! I haven't copyrighted my last minute idea, but I'm confident Shane and Joel won't steal this. I'm sure they're waiting in breathless anticipation for my proposal. Smile
tylermo
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it doesn't make the grade with Pinnacle, I can always check in with TAG. Wiggy's sure to go for this.
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylermo wrote:
You guys are really psyched for these red power armor soldiers, aren't you? Since there's great demand for this, I hereby give Pinnacle a chance to publish my first rpg...S.P.A.B! Super Power Armored Bunch! Move over G.I. Joe. Here comes S.P.A.B.!! I haven't copyrighted my last minute idea, but I'm confident Shane and Joel won't steal this. I'm sure they're waiting in breathless anticipation for my proposal. Smile

Sorry, they are clearly members of the Galactic ARmored NETwork or...

GARNET!

Wink

www.peginc.com
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the most demand every one has for a finished product with powers suits is to see the CYBER CHICKS (Cybernetic Hardware Intergraded Chassis Kombat System) suited up

Last edited by VonDan on Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
tylermo
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garnet? Not bad but I'm still partial to S.P.A.B. Not since the Brady family have we seen use of the "bunch". Either way, if this thread goes on for a dozen pages or more, Pinnacle may have another hit! I see a lot of digest-sized S.P.A.B. or Garnet source books in the pipeline. First the red armored bunch, then blue, green...The possibilities are endless.
jfiz
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: not the rally card... Reply with quote

grimmshade wrote:
I have the exact same deck and didn't see the cards on a second look either, just that one rally card (which admittedly could be a knight.)

Ugh you're right. I went through my adventure deck three times last night, and the "red armor" examples I thought I saw are not there.

Sorry about that, my bad.

The Red Armor must have been in the deluxe PDF maybe? I was reading that around the same time as looking through the adventure deck, so I must have gotten them confused there.

Heh I am still secretly hoping those pieces are from a future sci-fi book lol. Smile
tylermo
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S.P.A.B.ulous idea! Bring on that sci-fi book.
steelbrok
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Necropolis were still a Pinnacle setting I would suggest that

Otherwise...

Mutant Chronicles? Is there a license in development there?

Just a thought
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: