Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bennies for Morrowind?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jasales
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Bennies for Morrowind? Reply with quote

What would you use for bennies (props) for a Savage Elderscrolls, specifically Morrowind game?

A game set in Skyrim would be easy - runestones such as these.
http://mystic-awakening.com/zcart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=20&products_id=3955&zenid=pjulfeomi2t981egngebstf5m4

But what about Morrowind? I have some green glass stones that look pretty good but what other suggestions do you have? A bag full of septims? Cool, but at $20 a pop not realistic.

I made some cards that are easy to see at the table: http://www.yourplayingcards.com/builder/index.php?cid=24068_20120628_135654_1340906296820U6662

Just need some good themed bennies.
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berries? Bits of chitin and shell? Vials of tropical disease? Okay, that last one is a bad idea.

Bits of Obsidian would also be pretty good, just watch out for the sharp edges.
tigerguy786
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bullet casings... What? I use them no matter what the setting. #gunbattle

You should use something that represents those little bug things, seriously, those were everywhere. Or weren't there daedric symbols or something that appeared everywhere?
dentris
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make your own septim. Take poker chips, print same sized images...(you can find it here: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Septim_%28coin%29), glue and voila!
kronovan
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Morrowind I'd use some type of small volcanic stone. There is afterall 1 humongous volcano sitting in the center of that kingdom. Even small pieces of the cheap lava rock you get for gas BBQ's could work.
Thunderforge
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume that you're doing Morrowind with my Elder Scrolls conversion for Savage Worlds (and if you are, well I guess it's just a shameless plug for everyone else! Very Happy)

Volcanic stone as pieces from Dagoth Ur would work. If you're wanting to make your own chips, three different chip styles for each of the Tribunal would work (just print out 1" circles and glue them on to wooden disks from a hobby store).

You could also do hunks of corprus meat…err…no don't do that one.

BTW: Your cards are awesome! Might have to pick up a deck myself!

The Elder Scrolls conversion and other fun creations.
jasales
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dentris - good idea on the poker chip. I have some, and a color printer. Hmm...going to definately try that. What would you coat them with to protect them from wear and tear?

Thunderforge: Glad you like the cards. You'll want to get the right away as the design only stays there for 7 days. I reposted yesterday so you have a week. I got them in the mail in just a few days and they look really good. If you get to it and they aren't there, PM and I'll redo them (I just have to upload and pick a few settings).

And...blush...I'm not using your conversion. I was about to post my own, I was just an edit away when you announced yours. Plus, we took very similar tacks with design. No point in posting a duplicate. Mine was geared for my players. I LOVE your GM advice and the religious hindrance.

I have a Morrowind weather generator here: http://explodingdice.com/?p=303
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: