Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pinnacle PDF Store File Download Issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nauthizzz
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Pinnacle PDF Store File Download Issue Reply with quote

Apologies in advance if this is the wrong forum to put this in, but there doesn't seem to be a specific place for issues with the Pinnacle PDF store that I was able to discern.

I purchased a copy of the Hell on Earth Reloaded PDF from the Pinnacle PDF Store today. I received the download link via email as I expected. However the file I download won't open correctly. I have tried multiple programs and they all return error messages relating to the file being corrupted/broken.

I have attempted downloading multiple times through the email link, from the link in the "my account" section on the website, and through different browsers.

All attempts have yielded the same issues.

One thing I did notice however is that the version of the file I downloaded through Chrome is 16.8MB and the version through Mozilla is 20.3MB. I do not know if that is relevant or not.
Cryonic
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36847

Savage Worlds Tales: http://www.daemonstorm.com/category/Categories/Role-playing/Savage-Worlds
jpk
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first thing I suggest to folks is that rather than clicking the link to download/open the PDF, you right-click the link and select Save Link As or Save Link To (or whatever your browser or e-mail client uses) to save the PDF to a local drive directly, then open. This resolves the majority of this sort of download issues I've run into.

And I don't believe you're getting the full PDF before it's trying to open (or giving up). The file I uploaded is 42.2 MB, and you've not hit half that yet.
nauthizzz
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the reply.

I have been attempting to "save as" rather than "open" in all of my attempts. The fact that the entire file is not downloading for some reason would certainly explain the error messages.

However I have no idea as to why the entire file would not be downloading.

Edit: After a bit of googling, came across a random bit of advice about a similar issue someone was having in a random forum concerning IE8. Someone suggested clearing the browser's cache.

Decided to give it a whirl in Chrome and it seems to have worked. Though I'm still puzzled as to how none of the 3 different browsers I tried were able to d/l the file in its entirety, I'm just glad it seems to have sorted itself out now.
jpk
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your downloads were fairly closely spaced, I suppose you might've been trying to download it right as I was putting up a new version, which would've gotten you the stunted, half-loaded versions.

But that's a highly speculative guess.

I'm glad the cache-clearing took care of the issue. Care to put out a link or quick mini-instructions for anyone else who runs into the same thing?
newForumNewName
Heroic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nauthizzz wrote:
Decided to give it a whirl in Chrome and it seems to have worked. Though I'm still puzzled as to how none of the 3 different browsers I tried were able to d/l the file in its entirety, I'm just glad it seems to have sorted itself out now.

All browsers have a cache. When the cache gets full, the browsers tend to have problems handling large files/images. It's a good idea to set your browser to clear the cache every time you close the browser. This goes for mobile devices as well as computers.

Cheers.

"While nFNN could be less of a jerk about how he says what he says, what he says is essentially correct." -- ValhallaGH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: