Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It's Coming!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
screenmonkey
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea how many savage tales are in this thing? I don't wanna wait for the Plot Point book.
Radical Ans
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just looked over my PDF copy and, much like the DLR core book, there are no savage tales. Just setting information.
jyates
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Radical Ans wrote:
Just looked over my PDF copy and, much like the DLR core book, there are no savage tales. Just setting information.

Is there enough/everything thing there to play thru the Classic yarns/tales? I've got all the glorious green books, and haven't used half of the adventures yet.

Thx for the info!
"...if you can accept Zombies made from turnips..." -- The Loremaster. TURNIPS???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
screenmonkey
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DL:R advanced the timeline so some of the Classic adventures were no " good", does HOE:R do the same?
ashenwolf
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timeline is advanced. So like reloaded most adventures could be transplanted, while others would be key to the metaplot so would need more work to transfer.

Some like Unity probably wouldn't work at all.
Unless you want to start earlier in the timeline.

I hope they continue to post savage stats for the classic adventures and do the same for the new hell on earth.
However there is a pretty large selection of critters so many things would already be available and there is plenty to look at to have a feel for converting things.
Thunderforge
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

screenmonkey wrote:
DL:R advanced the timeline so some of the Classic adventures were no " good", does HOE:R do the same?

I wouldn't say that they are "no good." Some DLC adventures mention the Civil War going on or have Pinkertons instead of Agents (e.g. Independence Day), which are easily ignored details. The events of metaplot progressing adventures (e.g. Devil's Tower, Dead Presidents) are referred to in Reloaded, but that doesn't prevent you from playing them out. In fact, I've run many Classic adventures in Reloaded and generally the players don't care about any potential metaplot discrepancies.

The Elder Scrolls conversion and other fun creations.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: