Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good choice for Noir One Shot?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands Noir
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cursingbulldog
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:45 am    Post subject: Good choice for Noir One Shot? Reply with quote

So I volunteered to run a one shot in Noir for a some folks on Roll 20 to introduce them to savage worlds as it is the setting I'm most comfortable running.

So far I've mainly been running Red Harvest smashed with Old Absinth House for my main group and have only run the Axman savage tale. Does anyone have any suggestions for which of the other savage tales might make for a good 1 shot that would do a good job showing off the system?

I also have the companion if any of the tales in that might be better then the main book.

I also see there seems to be a new Jumbo Shrimp adventure but there doesn't seem to be much discussion on that here yet so I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on that.?
John Goff
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote some of the Savage Tales specifically to be suitable for convention-length games that showed off many of the setting aspects. Those are: Fate's Dead Hand, What Little Girls Are Made Of, Dead Men Don't Forgive, and A Matter of Trust.
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find the three parts to the Mombo Kings staff before the parade starts or Mardi Gras will never end and infect the world

The evil Harry Hougan has stolen the Mombo Kings staff and replaced it with a fake staff made from the skull of a baby born on Friday the 13th, the spine of a serial killer and the horn of a flesh eating unicorn, all covered in paper mache and glitter to look like the real staff. At the Hougan's command all who look upon the staff at the parade will become stark raving mad flesh eating Bacus.

You have one hour to find the parts of the real staff and sneak switch it with the fake next to the Mombo Kings throne at the start of the parade

Hint 1: The head of the staff is hidden in a pot of red beans and rice in the back of Mamma's Kitchen and no one be messing with Mamma's Kitchen

Hint 3: The tail spike of the staff is hidden in the crypt of Madam Duvall and no one be messing with Duvall's boudoir

Last edited by VonDan on Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what happened to Hint 2?
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sitting Duck wrote:
So what happened to Hint 2?

the gm has to do some work
JarJarMessiah
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran a matter of trust via roll 20. It took us three, 2.5 hour sessions to complete. A lot of that was due to technical difficulties, everyone learning to use Roll 20, and adding a lot of extra details. I gave The Dauphin a WC henchman as well as subplots for the PCs. If you use it as written, it could be done in one session.
cursingbulldog
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reporting back, we ran Fates Dead Hand and had alot of fun following up on some red herrings, and once again I had a player fail a fear test and die of a heart attack. Game lasted about 5.5-6 hours but part of that was due to some technical issues and a bit of an extended break in the middle.

I will say I think I have 3 new converts to the system and 1 or 2 of them said they were going to order the core book now at least.
Nostromo
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where can we get copies of the one shots? Are there free? If not, where can i get them?
John Goff
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of those mentioned--and all the ones I listed--are in the Savage Tales in the core book.
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Goff wrote:
Most of those mentioned--and all the ones I listed--are in the Savage Tales in the core book.

To clarify: in the core Deadlands: Noir book.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands Noir All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: