Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hell on Earth Miniatures

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doctorduckbutter
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Hell on Earth Miniatures Reply with quote

Since Reaper is doing the Weird West, is there talks of doing the Wasted West too? I know that this is probably not an immediate concern, but is it even being considered?
Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaper's doing Savage Worlds miniatures, not Weird West. Wink

Which is to say, yes, we're currently knocking out a whole bunch of Weird West minis, but a limited line of Deadlands Noir minis has already been announced on the Kickstarter, and over time all Savage Settings are fair game.

I'd say the chances of some Hell on Earth minis, at some point, are very high indeed.
Jordan Peacock
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we get Hell on Earth minis, I say we need a miniature representation of the old Studio Parente illustration that graced the original cover.

The eagle-motif hoverbike would be grand, too. Boy, I wanted that bike! Very Happy Just don't permanently stick the guy on it; I'd much rather have him standing in an action pose, and then do a conversion to stick a copy of him on the bike, rather than have a cool looking mini to represent a guy who *never leaves his bike*. (I've got a few old Ral Partha Shadowrun minis in that category, and they're pretty much useless for RPG purposes.)

I was a fan of Studio Parente largely because of my previous familiarity via the earlier Mutant Chronicles RPG books, and seeing the familiar style on the cover got my attention to check out this book. (I actually ran into the Deadlands universe backwards, first with HoE before trying out Deadlands Classic.)

But more importantly, this guy nicely captures an aesthetic vibe of post-apocalyptic and high-tech combined with the fact that this is in the WEST. Granted, sitting at the controls of a bike while holding a rifle in one hand and a pistol in the other is kind of silly (how ya gonna RIDE that thing, pardner?), but obviously he's just posing for his buddy to take a picture while they're visiting the rock-bridge landmark visible in the background. Wink

This isn't to say that I think all Wasted West miniatures need to be wearing cowboy hats and sheriff's badges, but I like having at least the occasional touch that reminds us that this is taking place in the West. That's one thing that would give these miniatures a bit of setting flavor that you wouldn't get if you pick up typical post-apocalyptic characters already available from other minis manufacturers (and a few of them already in Reaper's Chronoscope line).

For instance, I'd like to offer this up as a potential starting point for a junker with a "techno-shaman" motif:

(Yeah, I know there are "toxic shamans" in HoE already - I've got the book - but why should they get the monopoly on the look? Wink )
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: Hell on Earth Miniatures Reply with quote

doctorduckbutter wrote:
Since Reaper is doing the Weird West, is there talks of doing the Wasted West too? I know that this is probably not an immediate concern, but is it even being considered?

Just paint thier cowboy hats silver and glue a bead to the end of the gun barrel....

SteveN
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: