Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Savage 101 Graphics
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ProfMarks
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use of non combat people in combat. Tickler to discuss tests of will and tricks. If not clear though back to the drawing board to call that out.
magick3six
Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clint wrote:
These would make awesome GM screen inserts for new players.

Agreed.

ProfMarks
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully an improvement to 104 uploaded.

Magick, that is -so- cool to see! Awesome.
SavageGamerGirl
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it weren't for all the tradmarked logos and characters, I'd definitely petition to have these made available as a free download from the Pinnacle site. I think the legal issues of the aforementioned images would make that impossible, but these are very cool, ProfMarks! Kudos! Very Happy
tylermo
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porkins and the Fonz on the same insert. Awesome!
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ProfMarks wrote:
Hopefully an improvement to 104 uploaded.

That's ... perfect. It even gets the obligatory Monty Python reference out of the way for the session.
The Dread Polack
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really dig these. I even have a 4-panel screen, but it's unfortunately landscape Sad
Big Juju
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome stuff, ProfMarks!

I was just brain-storming how I could make a condensed 1 page Intro to Savage Worlds for players but yours in MUCH better than what I was imagining. The visual aspect of the pictures teaches it so much better. Thanks!
Ashavan
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is awesome, but I'm having trouble getting past the fact that you gave Inigo Montoya a mere d6 in Fighting.
Snate56
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And he should have started off; "Hello!..."

SteveN
greyseerco
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the 104 slide, it might help to put on the 3 arrows that highlight the kinds of damage to have math symbols
< (to indicate no damage)
= (Shaken)
+4,8,12 (wounds)

And perhaps something to indicate per wound you are at a -1 to all trait checks.
ProfMarks
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greyseerco wrote:
For the 104 slide, it might help to put on the 3 arrows that highlight the kinds of damage to have math symbols
< (to indicate no damage)
= (Shaken)
+4,8,12 (wounds)

And perhaps something to indicate per wound you are at a -1 to all trait checks.

In my first iteration of this, I actually had the criteria listed next to the arrows. I removed it in the end because it broke away from what I was trying to achieve with these pictures. They aren't intended to be GM screens, in fact, there's a lot left out with even the few items I opted to illustrate.

Best way I could describe what I was attempting was, well, a blackboard a teacher would have behind them as they talked through the lesson. All the details aren't there, they are meant to work in concert with the instruction to hopefully make it more impact-full and stick more, as well as give a GM a concise road map for talking points. As I went from board to board, I almost lost sight of this a couple times.

Appreciate the note, just giving you my reasoning for doing what I did. By all means, as far as I'm concerned, I would invite anyone who would like to add to the pictures to do so to suit their taste and intended use.

Also, for what's it worth to the poster commenting on Inigo's Parry, totally concur. The numbers were put together before I settled on the picture so that would -not- be my assessment of his fighting prowess.
Bhikku
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance of seeing a 'printer-friendly' version of these pics? Maybe something without the blackboard graphic, and the 'chalk lines' turned to simple lines? I still love all the little pictures and things, but it would go easier on my ink levels if this were possible.
ProfMarks
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhikku wrote:
Any chance of seeing a 'printer-friendly' version of these pics? Maybe something without the blackboard graphic, and the 'chalk lines' turned to simple lines? I still love all the little pictures and things, but it would go easier on my ink levels if this were possible.

Probably not Bhikku, sorry to say. Have my second kid on the way only a couple weeks out so not much fun computer time upcoming. If anyone wants the files to mess around with them however, jpgs here and psd's available. Let me know.
Sunglar
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this and would very much like to use them for an online game I'm running soon. Would also love to blog about your 101 images... Would you mind?
ProfMarks
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunglar wrote:
I love this and would very much like to use them for an online game I'm running soon. Would also love to blog about your 101 images... Would you mind?

Please do. I posted them because I thought they would be useful to the savage community outside of my own personal use. Note that the images used were simply grabbed from the internet and I don't claim any ownership and would suggest thoughtful reproduction and distribution.
magick3six
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They really help and work well. Being new to Savage Worlds, running it and playing it, I've already had players point to something on it to remind me of rules I've forgotten.

Love having them on the back of my screen.
Sunglar
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks... I was going to use them for a blog post but really do not want to cause any trouble due to the images. At least I am sending them to my players. Awesome really! Thanks again...
Hellfire6A
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply brilliant. Cheers for all the hard work!

None are free until all are free!
am_
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: How about a russian translation? Reply with quote

This prints is awesome.

By the way, ProfMarks...
What do you think about me creating something like theese printed tips in Russian (or translate your prints with mentioning the author and all the links) for our Russian role-playing gamers?
Idea
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: