Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A complete list of "1 on the Trait die" results?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZenFox42
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:49 am    Post subject: A complete list of "1 on the Trait die" results? Reply with quote

I don't think this counts as "how the rules work", so I'm posting this here...
I tried searching the SWD PDF as many ways as I could, but I can't be sure I got everything.
So if anyone can think of any other standard-SWD situations where rolling a 1 on the Trait die (but not snake-eyes) means something bad happens, please let me know.
I'll re-tabulate everything once the dust settles.

Gambling skill : if cheating, character is caught
Persuasion skill : target's attitude drops by two steps

All Thumbs hindrance : rolling a 1 to use any mechanical or electronic device breaks it
Berserker edge : a 1 on the Fighting die means you hit a random adjacent target
Killer Instinct edge : if the skill die on an opposed roll is a 1, you can reroll it (but must keep the new one)

Chainsaw : a 1 on the Fighting die hits the user
Suppressive fire : a 1 on any target's Spirit die means they take damage
Firing Into Melee / Innocent Bystanders : on a miss, a 1 on the Shooting die (or 2 for full-auto, shotguns) means a random adjacent character IS hit, if the GM decides it's appropriate

AB/Magic : a 1 on the Spellcasting die means you are Shaken
AB/Psionics : a 1 on the Psionics die means you are Shaken
AB/Weird Science : a 1 on the activation die means the device malfunctions
Blind power : if a target rolls a 1 on the Agility die, they are Shaken and fully blind
Teleport power : a 1 on the casting die means the caster is Shaken and also takes 2d6 damage

Natural Healing for Extras : a 1 on the Vigor die means they die
Fear : a 1 on the Spirit die means you roll on the Fright table

Last edited by ZenFox42 on Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:09 am    Post subject: Re: A complete list of "1 on the Trait die" result Reply with quote

ZenFox42 wrote:
Firing Into Melee / Innocent Bystanders : a 1 on the Shooting die (or 2 for full-auto, shotguns) means a random adjacent character IS hit

Just to clarify, a miss with a 1 (or 1-2) on the Shooting die means a random adjacent character is hit if the GM determines the situation is dramatically appropriate.

A Wild Card who rolls a 1 on their Shooting die but still successfully hits with their Wild Die does not trigger Innocent Bystander.

www.peginc.com
ZenFox42
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Clint, all such clarifications are helpful!
ZenFox42
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so if no one has thought of anything I've missed, I'll just update the first post with Clint's comment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: