Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

vamps in hoe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nerovipus
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: vamps in hoe Reply with quote

Can a vampire get around the sun problem by covering up so the suns rays are not thouching it? Like covering up the way the vamps in blade 3 did.
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marshal's call. Generally, I'd say "no". There's a reason Night Train has a train involved. Wink
WilyQuixote
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: SPOILER!!! Reply with quote

ValGH says "no" but I say "yes". I say if the sun isn't physically touching their skin then they can go on about their business. However if that covering layer slips and shows some skin then they're going to start taking the usual damage on the extremity from sunlight exposure per the usual rules.

There is a HoE supplement with a gang of vampires that expoit this very thing. I believe it is in The Road Warriors book, but the vampires have tricked out their cars to protect against sunlight and other objects that might cause them death. It's been a long time since I read that book but it should be fairly close to accurate.

To each his own I say though. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you or anyone else.
Fists-of-Dorn
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re Reply with quote

WilyQuixote is referring to page 104 of Road Warriors. The Night Runners have modified their cars to prevent direct sunlight from entering by using thick welder's glass affixed in small vision slits. Otherwise the windows are heavily armored and this set up allows them to travel safely during the day when the need arises- it isn't common, but the option is there.

As for the question about clothing, I would be inclined to permit it so long as the clothing is sufficiently heavy enough to block out sunlight ( Like wearing one of the SWAT tactical armor get ups ). Even so you have to bear in mind that light touching their eyes, directly, would still cause damage. So the vampire would need a good set of goggles able to filter/reflect most of the light.
Mostly it will be up to the Marshal, but as long as the player is really making the effort to cover his bases and is suffering from time to time ( Takes wind damage during the peak hours of sunlight because his clothing choice isn't able to block it out completely; so seek cover during those hours, etc. ) then it really should not present too much of a problem. Otherwise the player is going to need to find some partners willing, and able, to transport his carcass about the Wastes or, just as difficult to come by, partners willing to always travel by night.

-Fists.
Psykoguy
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a nasty issue for one of the players in my campaign (he took veteran of the weird west. At least now he knows how he survived so long). I'm willing to rule that so long as he's completely covered in heavy enough clothing then he should be fine, but it's going to be interesting to see how the party adapts to this (and if the accept him)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: