Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Marshall with a setting question.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackmarketbaby
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: New Marshall with a setting question. Reply with quote

Hey everyone, first I'd like to say I love the Savage World/Deadlands concept and I'm glad I picked it up. I'm planning to run a short 4 session Deadlands adventure to give my current gm a break from the crunchy 40k game we're currently playing. Two of the players have played Deadlands already, and this is where my question comes in.

In one instance I am planning to have two agents, (one senior and one junior), transporting a mysterious crate. What is in the crate is a former agent that has been transformed in some way. They are trying to take him to get fixed. So, my question is whether an agent would just terminate someone who is no longer human as opposed to helping a former colleague? Is it my call or is it a hard and fast tenet?

Also, I'd like to start in the east, down south in the swamps, are there any sourcebooks which give insight into the east. Other than the DLR main sourcebook ?
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Sounds like a blast.

Warning: Spoilers abound.
Agents have a lot of discretion about how they do their job. If they think they can do the mission and help their fellow agents then they usually will. Harrowed Agents are taken to the Star Chamber in Denver, to keep the demon in check; werewolf Agents may be killed, or may simply have a "handler" and heavy chains to keep them restrained during "that time of the month". So, yes, they will usually help out.

Back East: The South is a good resource. The mechanics are fairly useless for you (they are for Deadlands Classic), but the flavor text and setting information is very useful. Eventually, a Back East book for Reloaded will come out, but it's not out yet.

Good luck!
blackmarketbaby
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent info thanks. I haven't read all of the DLR book yet but where did your info on the agents come from? Maybe I should finish it up first. I'll check out the back east info.
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome.

blackmarketbaby wrote:
I haven't read all of the DLR book yet but where did your info on the agents come from?

There are hints of it throughout the books, including Reloaded; the Agency would like to impose a lot of oversight, but the simple fact is that the West makes that impossible (distances, unreliable communications, rapidly changing situations, and the various conflicts that exacerbate all those issues).
Mostly it's from the Classic books (flavor text is still valid, even in Reloaded), which elaborate on the effective independence of Agents, as well as providing lots of details about the Star Chamber in the Denver headquarters.
Some of it comes from these forums: like this thread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: