Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Needing some help on gettng started!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drexlin
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Needing some help on gettng started! Reply with quote

Howdy all! i have enjoyed Deadlands for a long time now and our grp as always loved it and even the SW changes into reloaded. we also ran a fantasy campaign thru D&D stuff and as we have become disheartened with the current 4e, and we have all agreed we love the rules and such in SW we are going to switch.

Now to my question! sorry for the length of the post! i am going to get the SW Deluxe cause i want it Smile and the Horror Companion. What I'm up in the air about cause i can find no info on it is whether or not i should get the Fantasy Companion PDF.

I really want a physical book and can find none with even a decent price range on it and started to wonder if i really need it. i will prob get the PDF anyways but i guess i need to know if there is enough info to help swing me to get me a physical copy instead of the PDF. Any and all info is greatly appreciated! Very Happy
Lord Karick
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Drexlin, and welcome.
The FC added a lot of typical fantasy elements to the relatively bare-bones SW Explorer (SWEX). Some of that got incorporated into SWD, especially the races and Powers. The rest of the FC concerns mostly magic items and bestiary. Magic items can be made up anyway, the bestiary could be useful if you're just starting out with SW. There's also a section on siege warfare in the FC that doesn't appear in SWD, same for alchemy. Bottom line: you would probably benefit from it.
Drexlin
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks alot for the info! ill prob go with the pdf for now then as a physical copy is seemingly outrageous at the moment. Smile
Connallmac
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drexlin wrote:
thanks alot for the info! ill prob go with the pdf for now then as a physical copy is seemingly outrageous at the moment. Smile

Well you could always print out the pdf and have it spiral bound at a Staples or Office Max.
Timon
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought the Fantasy Companion a while ago and was a bit underwhelmed. The siege rules are nice, but you can do most of what they do with the mass battle rules and a little creativity. I think if you have the SWD you can invent most of the other fantasy elements you need.
Drexlin
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the help again folks, refreshing to be on some forums that don't spread hate and discontent( WoW player) Cool anyways! I've decided to go the print the pdf and take it to have it bound, thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: