Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cool Monster Idea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vinzent
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:45 am    Post subject: Cool Monster Idea Reply with quote

So I was building some critter cards using the Mars ruleset and a thought struck me. Suppose I made cards for the "Making it Martian" special abilities.

For instance, I write up semi-generic animals like Small Carnivore. Whenever I need a new monster I draw a critter card and 1-3 Special Ability Cards. I now have a random critter (or have chosen special ability cards).

Advantages-

I can write out the full description of the special ability and only once.

I can make random creatures in seconds.

I have more room for writing out whatever flavor text I want for the critter on its card.

Mixing and matching I don't have to carry a huge beastiary if I don't want to (cutting down on backpack weight).
Sean-Khan
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good. What I don't like is having two separate decks; I'd try to put a critter and a special ability on the same card, perhaps upside down on the top, so special ability cards can be turned 180 degrees and placed under the critter card. They could also have a separator line between the critter and SA areas, having a weakness written with white text on dark background; Critter would tell if it has a weakness (or several).

The only issue I can see with this is for example abilities that would logically need high agility, small size etc but are given on huge titans.

Shaper & Maker - modelling, gaming & a lot of other stuff
jpk
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would think that if you put the critter and an ability on the same card so you used one or the other, that you'd want to put mismatches on a card.

For example, you'd put Too Tiny To Hit on a card with the Titanic Omnivore. After all, the Titanic Omnivore will never have that ability, and that helps limit the number of nonsensical mismatches possible.

Just a thought.
Virgobrown72
Heroic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would make the deck, because I'm too lazy too actually construct the deck Neutral , but his gave me the idea to create a random creature generator like my adventure generators!!! Very Happy Too Cool!!! Wink
Virgobrown72
Heroic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops!!! I found my Sci Fi Worldbuilder Toolkit. It Has creature generators in it!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: