Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[SPC] Chewing the scenery / Super Strength

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NinjaMonkey
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: [SPC] Chewing the scenery / Super Strength Reply with quote

This came up in my game a few nights ago, and I'm kinda surprised I can't find it in the rules anywhere. I had a player that wanted to grab one guy and use him to hit another. With a high enough strength I figure this is actually a valid option. How the heck do you handle people being used as weapons?

What is the damage on something like that? What rules would apply? I'm assuming grapple at the very least to initiate and either waiting till their next action or having Frenzy edge to attack. But as far as damage goes, would it apply to both the "weapon" as well as the target? Would i use Chewing The Scenery and get the damage from there based on the "weapons" weight? Or would I treat the damage as just a large improvised weapon?
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Re: [SPC] Chewing the scenery / Super Strength Reply with quote

NinjaMonkey wrote:
This came up in my game a few nights ago, and I'm kinda surprised I can't find it in the rules anywhere. I had a player that wanted to grab one guy and use him to hit another. With a high enough strength I figure this is actually a valid option. How the heck do you handle people being used as weapons?

What is the damage on something like that? What rules would apply? I'm assuming grapple at the very least to initiate and either waiting till their next action or having Frenzy edge to attack. But as far as damage goes, would it apply to both the "weapon" as well as the target? Would i use Chewing The Scenery and get the damage from there based on the "weapons" weight? Or would I treat the damage as just a large improvised weapon?

First off, there simply is no official rule or answer other than it's up to the GM.

Unofficially, in supers, it will be highly dependent on the characters involved. People (in general) aren't hard objects; they are kind of squishy objects in fact that wiggle and don't want to hit something else.

But then in supers, it's possible to have a person who is as hard as steel while still being all wiggly.

I'd suggest it takes grabbing (or holding after a grab) and attacking, so a multi-action penalty applies to the attack roll to cover the wiggling part of the weapon which has to be grappled to use.

Then I'd probably just go for Strength damage (like hitting with a bare hand) unless one of the targets has Armor or some similar power that would make them harder than normal.

Hope that helps.

www.peginc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: