Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Conversion: Werewolf the Forsaken

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PencilBoy99
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Conversion: Werewolf the Forsaken Reply with quote

Has anyone done a conversion of Werewolf the Forsaken to Savage Worlds, or any suggestions for such? Some problematic items for me are:
1. different forms, each with different abilities, how?
2. travelling across the gauntlet - to realms, near each other, some can cross over, some can affect the other side, some can't, how?
3. turning gifts that don't seem to have a matching power in SW, e.g., "Control Machine Spirits"

Thanks
Virgobrown72
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Control Machine Spirits" could be Puppet, with a machine -only trapping. Wink The different forms could be templates you slap onto your characters when they transform (i.e., +x to Strength, +x to Toughness, etc.) Buuuut, from playing Werewolf myself, it seems people only use the Big Bad Beast form and the fully wolf form, so you may be able to use just those templates. Very Happy As for the Gauntlet, your guess is as good as mine... Confused
PencilBoy99
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, that's the "problem" with Savage Worlds. I'm pretty sure one of the PegInc books or vendors addresses each of these issues, but they're not put together in any way:

e.g., interface zero might have something about a cyberworld that is a lot like the gauntlet
e.g., solomon kane might have rules for summoning and ritual magic

They're not compiled in any way (nor could they be without legal permission) so there are a few elements missing that REALLY need to be in the core rulebook IMHO
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

furashgf wrote:
They're not compiled in any way (nor could they be without legal permission) so there are a few elements missing that REALLY need to be in the core rulebook IMHO

Yeah, the core rulebook really needs to cover shapechanging PCs crossing dimensions and controlling machines better. Wink

furashgf wrote:
Has anyone done a conversion of Werewolf the Forsaken to Savage Worlds, or any suggestions for such? Some problematic items for me are:
1. different forms, each with different abilities, how?
2. travelling across the gauntlet - to realms, near each other, some can cross over, some can affect the other side, some can't, how?
3. turning gifts that don't seem to have a matching power in SW, e.g., "Control Machine Spirits"

1 - Switchable from the Super Powers Companion
2 - Spirit roll to cross over in proper location & Modifier to affect other side with powers.
3 - Animation power from the SPC

I kind of think the SPC and some Setting Rules would seem to cover this pretty well.

www.peginc.com
PencilBoy99
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I'm well aware that Clint always has the answer (he really does, I think he's like a watcher, so past present and future are all the same for him, so he can retroactively change your PDF or Books so his suggestions are already there). However, lacking Clint sitting with me, I don't see how I could do the conversion.

Okay, I'll finish going through the WtF book and identify the key supporting mechanics that require translation, put up my suggestions, and let the rest of you correct me. Of course, by that point, Clint will have traveled to the future and put WtF as a sample conversion at the back of the book.
kreider204
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

furashgf wrote:
Yes, I'm well aware that Clint always has the answer (he really does, I think he's like a watcher, so past present and future are all the same for him, so he can retroactively change your PDF or Books so his suggestions are already there). However, lacking Clint sitting with me, I don't see how I could do the conversion.

Okay, I'll finish going through the WtF book and identify the key supporting mechanics that require translation, put up my suggestions, and let the rest of you correct me. Of course, by that point, Clint will have traveled to the future and put WtF as a sample conversion at the back of the book.

This is my favorite post evar. furashgf wins the whole forum, as far as I'm concerned.

Mr. Green
PencilBoy99
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not kidding. Clinton's one of those watchers. He's good, like September, not like the other A-hole watchers from Fringe, but still, past, present, and future are all the same for him. How else can you explain his ability to point to a sentence in the book that answers your question EVEN THOUGH YOU DON'T RECALL READING THE SENTENCE BUT NOW its there. We can only hope he continues to use his abilities for good.

BTW I don't know anything actually about Clint except for the interaction on the boards. I assume he owns six-guns given his name.
Timon
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Clint, how do I get to Reno?"
"If you turn round you will see that you are already there"
and of course you are. Surprised
Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our plan is progressing nicely. We've reached the point where reading and understanding have been mistaken for mystical, precognitive abilities. Next, we rule the WORLD.

Well... Clint rules the world. I'll be his jester. Very Happy
kreider204
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

furashgf wrote:
How else can you explain [Clint's] ability to point to a sentence in the book that answers your question EVEN THOUGH YOU DON'T RECALL READING THE SENTENCE BUT NOW its there.

I know, I hate when he does that - it's very rude. Wink
77IM
Heroic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When they changed the name of the forum from "Questions about how the core rules work" to "Official answers about how the core rules work" I assumed it was because Clint was going to start precognitively posting answers before the questions got asked.

-- 77IM
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: