Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Savage Star Wars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chillburn
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Savage Star Wars Reply with quote

I'm working on my own conversion and have some ideas but I'm stuck on one thing. It my setting you take Arcane Background: Force User to use the Force, and then the Profession Edge: Jedi to be a Jedi. One thing that Jedi can generally do is "Minor TK" abilities (floating a rock, or a piece of fruit, etc.) I don't see this as the full-on Telekinesis power (that's after they can float rocks around with ease), but sort of a Novice-rank pre-cursor to the Telekinesis power. And I'm struggling for a good way to represent this (maybe some sort of cantrip-like ability wrapped into Profession: Jedi?)
steelbrok
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

given that we're not really talking about a combat power, why not allow it simply as a "force trick". Simply make these a trapping of a Smarts or agility trick.
kreider204
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Fantasy Companion's "Legerdemain" power is pretty much that - it allows the caster to perform one action at a distance (e.g., close a door, tip over a glass, lift a rock, etc.).
chillburn
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kreider204 wrote:
The Fantasy Companion's "Legerdemain" power is pretty much that - it allows the caster to perform one action at a distance (e.g., close a door, tip over a glass, lift a rock, etc.).

So this seems like a really good option.

Could it be used to do a throw attack against a target (the classic grab some debris and throw it at my opponent from the movies)? Of course, it would be an unskilled roll unless the Jedi took the Throwing skill...

Could this somehow be used for the Mind Trick effect (ranged Persuasion or Smarts Trick or something...)?
kreider204
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chillburn wrote:
kreider204 wrote:

So this seems like a really good option.

Could it be used to do a throw attack against a target (the classic grab some debris and throw it at my opponent from the movies)?

As I understand it, no - that would be two actions (grab and throw), and the spell only allows one action. (I think I asked Clint a similar questions once, and I believe that was the answer I got).

Still, you might modify it a bit for your own setting - a spell that allows simple non-combat actions and / or Tricks.
Ringer
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

another thing to think on is the way a couple of the star war conversions out there handle it. Minor Force effects are rolled into the Use Force skill, such as very light TK, sensing the Force, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: