Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rumble in the Jungle scenario balance question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Showdown
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chicklewis
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Rumble in the Jungle scenario balance question Reply with quote

Hi, Pinnacle adepts, we have been using Savage Worlds and really like the system.

We played the downloadable scenario "Rumble in the Jungle" for our most recent two games, and found that the Poachers won without really breaking a sweat.

Then, adding up the points for each side, we discovered that the Poacher team is valued at over 200 points, while the Savage team is valued at only 109.

Is this deliberate? How do you guys adjust such a huge imbalance to give each side a chance of victory? I feel we must be missing some basic principle.

Please advise.

Chick Lewis
chicklewis
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for no response in a month.
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chicklewis wrote:
Thanks for no response in a month.

Sorry about that. I'll move the post down to the Showdown topic, so the right people can see it.

www.peginc.com
CynicalMisfit
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are familiar with the free showdown document located on the Pinnacle website please feel free to read Appendix B located on page 36 titled "Troop Builder". I hope that will give you a plethora of reasons why not all army lists are perfectly "points" balanced.

I assume the reason why the points for either side in Rumble in the Jungle don't balance out is because the encounter or skirmish was not designed to be balanced but made to portray the encounter a certain way.

If you feel strongly about points balance for your skirmish I would suggest adding more troops or units to better even up the points between the two sides. As always, YMMV. Wink
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since our Showdown guy is temporarily unavailable, I looked in the Troop builder which has the stats for the units. The listed cost for the Poachers and Spears is based off having 6 and 8 respectively of each, so it looks like the quantities on the sheet are off.

It should probably be 2 units of 3 each for the Poachers and 2 units of 4 each for the Spears.

www.peginc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Showdown All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: