Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SHANE HENSLEY at PolyCon (6/22-6/24) - California

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> The Con Suite
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spinachcat
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: SHANE HENSLEY at PolyCon (6/22-6/24) - California Reply with quote

POLYCON
http://www.polycon.org/pc30/
San Luis Obsipo (halfway between Los Angeles and San Francisco)
June 22nd - June 24th, 2012

PolyCon is a very cool college convention that draws about 300 gamers for the past 30 years.

This year's Guest of Honor is SHANE HENSLEY, author of Deadlands, Savage Worlds and much more - I imagine he has some fans on this forum! The boardgame designer Tom Jolly (a very cool dude) lives in the area and will be running his games too.

In honor of Shane, there is a rootin' tootin' roll call of Deadlands and Savage Worlds events on the schedule. Deadlands has been a PolyCon favorite since the first edition hit the shelves and we have several mighty fine GMs. Shane will be running several special events, signing books and getting pestered by fans!

The con is held in the University Union building and its a nice large gaming space with private RPG rooms. The selection of games is surprisingly eclectic and there are many talented GMs. Lots of boardgames, LARPS, and minis gaming too!

The con begins midday on Friday and ends midday on Sunday with a big raucous auction. It's a great atmosphere because PolyCon manages to be both well organized, yet informal and laid back. No small feat.

On Saturday night, they have a free BBQ (with veggie kabobs) to thank all the attendees. Guests often bring donations for the BBQ too and they will cook them up for you.

The San Luis Obispo area is great for family vacations too. You can easily sent the fam off to Hearst Castle, the beautiful beaches of Pismo, San Simeon and Morro Bay, the 300 wineries, the Avila hot springs and fabulous hiking trails across the county while you toss dice all day.

Check it out!
www.polycon.org #gunbattle
Ogma
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It it weren't a 14 hour drive, I would likely make it! Smile

I did one PolyCon a few years ago, back when I lived in Los Angeles.
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So does this mean Shane is in LA now, I have been getting crank calls to my store from the west LA area code
Ogma
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Shane normally crank call you a lot???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> The Con Suite All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: