Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tri-fold modern figure flats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cbooth
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject: Tri-fold modern figure flats Reply with quote

Anyone recommend some figure flats for a modern game? I have the set for Crime City, but I need something a little more diverse.
Sadric
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like the old 21-century heroes. They have some great "adventurer" figures. Guys with katana and gun and dark mantle, for example.
http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=17625&it=1&filters=2270_0_0_0_0

Or you could look at Disposable Heroes.
They have some nice modern sets, and some rare like pulp, asian, classic horror monster or film noir
http://www.pigames.net/store/default.php?cPath=27

I really like their costumizable sets, where you could create the pdf with the figure YOU need for the nect adventure.
For exam,ple, you need 20 ghouls, then create a page with 20 ghouls and print it.
Jordan Peacock
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're looking for free modern flats, don't forget to check out The Wild Hunt in the downloads section. That includes a number of civilians -- several men and women, and a couple of kids as bus passengers, a local storekeeper, a bus driver, and a priest.

On the not-free side, there's Daring Entertainment's "The Paper Dead," originally intended for the "War of the Dead" series of adventures. While a good portion of this consists of zombies (as fits the setting), it also includes a number of survivors in various stages of the Apocalypse: businessmen/women, tourists, adults, children, elderly citizens, soldiers/paramilitary, police, a firefighter, doctors, thugs, survivalists, scavengers, assorted animals, and more.

Are there any specific character types you're looking for?
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Jordan:
I'm looking for regular folk, nothing fancy. The figure flats for Wild Hunt look good, and should be enough to use for what I need. I'd like to have a little more diversity, but beggars can't be choosers. Smile

And yes, free figure flats are best. Very Happy
Cryonic
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not trifolds, but Avalon just announced them.

http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=98131

Starting with Superheroes/Villains this week.
Other Mike
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on whether you have got the right software, but I have often made my own paper flats, starting with Hero Machine (http://www.heromachine.com/). I have not used the Alpha 3 version that I see it there now.

Create the character flat you want, and do a screen capture. Paste into photo edition software, or the like, and crop. From there paste/insert into your favorite drawing program (Word Tables may work fine, though I have not done it that way), and size them correctly and add cutting/folding borders.

Print, fold, glue, and you are ready to go.

When using tri-folds, I usually punch out 3/4" disks, using a punch I picked up, and glue them on as a base ... giving them a little more stability.
cbooth
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the software to do this, I just don't have the time. Sad
The disk base is a good idea. Any issues with storage? I usually just throw my tri-folds into a plastic carrying case, but I'd imagine those with bases would take up more space.
heathd666
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rpgnow.com/index.php?&manufacturers_id=667

these figure flats all come in trifold or a frame
Other Mike
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuckle, I know what you mean by lack of time ... but it takes me less time to make paper miniatures than to paint metal ones.

The disk base doesn't take much more space. I tend to keep my paper miniatures in zip-lock bags, and those in a plastic case.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: