Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[FSG] Streets of Bedlam - New ultraviolent neo-noir setting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jasonlblair
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick note to let you know the post-holiday updates over at StreetsOfBedlam.com have resumed.

The latest is a look at the person you need to know if you want to know anything: the Dogface. (Featuring art by Shawn Gaston.)

Streets of Bedlam - A Savage World of Crime + Corruption
jasonlblair
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another day, another preview over at StreetsOfBedlam.com. This time, we take a break from the people of Bedlam and talk about the places instead. Get to know your local history with this peek at the home of the Valkyries: Bricktown.

greyseerco
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am keeping my fingers crossed to hit the $8K mark, would love to see the 5th story.
jasonlblair
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

greyseerco wrote:
I am keeping my fingers crossed to hit the $8K mark, would love to see the 5th story.

Same here. Wink

jasonlblair
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone, I just posted a look at a new archetype over at StreetsOfBedlam.com. Today, we take a look at those charged with the unenviable task of attempting to keep the folks of Bedlam safe: the BADGE.

Fury
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The archetypes really help set mood for Bedlam, and I love Shawn's artwork. Keep up the good work!
jasonlblair
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fury wrote:
The archetypes really help set mood for Bedlam, and I love Shawn's artwork. Keep up the good work!

Thank you very much!

jasonlblair
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another city-focused update on StreetsOfBedlam.com. Today, we discuss the real seat of power in Bedford: the district known as Big Church.

jasonlblair
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fifth StreetsOfBedlam.com update for the week takes a look at how the game will inject some cinematic language into an already awesome system with New Rules: ROLES.

jasonlblair
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With only six days left on the Kickstarter, I thought it would be a good idea to compile everything into one big post so folks didn't have to parse the entire thread for pertinent info.

We are very close to the $8k milestone with only six days to go! Please help spread the word!

Bedford and Lamrose. Two sides of the same river. Two sides of the same coin. One, an affluent metropolis teeming with industry and aspiration. The other, a cesspool of crime and vice. Both dirty, both begging for the match that will set this whole city on fire.

Bedford and Lamrose. Locals call this place Bedlam. It's a fitting name.

Streets of Bedlam is a gritty, ultraviolent, neo-noir setting written by award-nominated game writer Jason L Blair (Little Fears, Prey 2) that uses the award-winning Savage Worlds rule system. Illustrated by webcomic veteran Shawn Gaston (Clockworks), Streets of Bedlam is a unique game that takes inspiration from films such as Sin City, Boondock Saints, and Reservoir Dogs.

The Streets of Bedlam Kickstarter launced in November 2011 and met its initial goal in less than three days! Soon after, it met its first stretch goal, $5k, which gives every backer who pledged $10 or more two Kickstarter-exclusive Archetypes: the alternatively-medical SAWBONES and stars-in-her-eyes INGENUE.

The next stretch goal of $8k will add a fifth episode to the first supplement, turning Four-Story Drop into FIVE-STORY DROP. The fifth story, "Eli Mendoza is a Dead Man," is a twisted game of cat-and-mouse, backstabbing, betrayal, and mistaken identity (but whose?) perfect for players new and old alike.

As a backer, you have the option to secure an early copy of the book, get the PDF immediately upon release, get a free set of dice, and get a total of four Kickstarter-exclusive Archetypes (including the immensely-fun TROUBLE). Every backer who pledges $5 or more will be included as an NPC in the corebook. High-level backers have the option to influence a future supplement or be immortalized as a major figure in the world of Streets of Bedlam!

For more information about Streets of Bedlam, please check out the official website. There, you can check out sneak peeks at the new Interrogation and Investigation rules, read up on the some of the areas of the city, and see the Archetypes. If you are interested in backing Streets of Bedlam, you can visit the Kickstarter page here for a video and more information about the world and pledge levels.

For a peek at Shawn's amazing artwork, check below. Click on the images to go to each Archetype's write-up.

ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting concept. I'm curious to see the mechanics behind it.
jasonlblair
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ValhallaGH wrote:
Interesting concept. I'm curious to see the mechanics behind it.

What would you like to see or know about the game?

ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was referring to the Roles mechanics. But I see you snuck in a compiled preview while I was writing my single line. Well played. #1eek13

Reading the Roles preview I was struck by the conceptual space it fills. I'm really curious to see what structure you came up with for that space.
burningcrow
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I have to back this ... aaaaand ... DONE.
jasonlblair
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ValhallaGH wrote:
I was referring to the Roles mechanics. But I see you snuck in a compiled preview while I was writing my single line. Well played. #1eek13

Reading the Roles preview I was struck by the conceptual space it fills. I'm really curious to see what structure you came up with for that space.

Ah! Sorry I snuck in there. Wink

Roles are easy but really add a lot. You can pick a Role (possibly a new role, possibly not) every time you sit down to play. Savage Worlds already has a solid currency system with Bennies, and Roles are an alternate way to spend those Bennies for some cinematic payoff. I think folks will really like it.

jasonlblair
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

burningcrow wrote:
I think I have to back this ... aaaaand ... DONE.

Thank you very much!

For those of you who haven't pledged yet, the Kickstarter ends this Friday. If we hit the $8k milestone, I'll add a fifth scenario to the first supplement!

You may also want to check out the new Streets of Bedlam promo trailer featuring illustrations by Shawn Gaston and original music by acclaimed video game composer and sound designer Ed Lima.

jasonlblair
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A ninth Archetype is revealed! Set your peepers on the SNOOP.

jasonlblair
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today's StreetsOfBedlam.com update features one of my favorite Archetypes--and it's exclusive to Kickstarter! Turn your head and cough for the SAWBONES.

jasonlblair
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the Streets of Bedlam Kickstarter launched at the end of November, I had modest goals for it. I just wanted to cover the cost of illustrating and producing the first book. But now, thanks to your support, the Kickstarter blew past that goal and is on its way toward five figures!

As a last-minute push toward that number, I've decided to add a new milestone and with it a new incentive to back the project.

If the Streets of Bedlam Kickstarter reaches $10k, acclaimed composer and sound designer Ed Lima will create an original soundtrack for the game! Ed provided the amazing track featured on the promo trailer that launched earlier this week but his work goes well beyond that. As an audio guy in the video games industry, Ed has worked on such projects as Doom 3, Prey, Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway, Borderlands, and he is currently head sound man at [url="http://www.respawn.com]Respawn Entertainment[/url].

When I first met Ed years ago, I was blown away by the work he was doing, and he just keeps getting better. I really enjoyed the track he did for the trailer and really want to see more of it. I hope you do too.

As an added incentive, every backer who pledges $45+ will get a free digital copy of the soundtrack as an extra-special thank you. Watch the promo trailer to hear what Ed's already done. If we reach $10k, we'll all get a lot more of this.

Chaosmeister
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most exciting news! Raised my pledge.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Licensees All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: