Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Deadlands Compiled History

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West
View previous topic :: View next topic  
connorsrpg
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Deadlands Compiled History Reply with quote

Is there a single place/source/book with a compiled History of Deadlands (especially since The Reckoning).

I know there are 'Epitaph' updates with every source released and they all seem to advance the timeline (a little too quickly for my liking), but how do you keep track of this?

The books have a very (cool) conversational tone to them, but they drop names and events like it is common knowledge. Obviously they are referring back to events in CLassic. This is all well and good for those that have been with the DL brand for year, but if it wants to be more attractive to new (and foreign) players (and especially new Marshals) then this stuff needs to be compiled somewhere. I have really struggled to get a grasp of places, people, events (all mentioned in the core rules) without lengthy internet searches.

Forgive me if there is one and I have missed it, but are there 'lists' out there of peope, places and most importantly events? (Like the one that turned into a book for the FOrgotten Realms, which also advanced its timeline with new releases).
Lord Skudley
Heroic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "Timeline of DOOM" a fantastic list of dates and their corrisponding books can be found on Savagepedia.
fedelas
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very useful!
If people refer to John Woo as anything but "John Woo," chinese men wearing trenchcoats and sunglasses, with akimbo Beretta 92F/FS pistols will come out and shoot at you with a billion.5 bullets, most likely hitting you in the eyeball. #gunbattle
connorsrpg
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lord Skudley. That is the exact sort of thing I was after - though it would be nice to see an updated one.

Hopefully a Deadlands wiki gets off the ground and we can do it there.

List for places and NPCs would be good too Wink
WahookaTG
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool..that makes for a nice read.

Quote:
1977: John Wayne dies after a long career of films and fighting little known creatures of the reckoners. He became a Templar Martyr. The Saint of Grit. TLC pg. 51

Almost fell off my chair laughing when I read this Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: