Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Storing tri-folds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StreetBushido
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Storing tri-folds Reply with quote

Usually I just use plain board game pawns (like these: http://www.spel-landet.se/Graphics/Products/2101_s.jpg ) to mark friendlies and enemies.

This doesn't seem sufficient for Savage World combat as it seems that those fights tend to contain quite a lot of opponents. Thus I've been looking into these tri-fold paper-models that are available for various SW settings. Thing is, these paper figures seem to be quite fragile and I'm a quite mobile GM. How would you folks recommend storing them? Plonking them into a paper tube (like a Pringles tube, damn that means I have to eat Pringles again! Razz) ? Some sort of box?

Thoughts?
robert4818
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Storing tri-folds Reply with quote

StreetBushido wrote:
Usually I just use plain board game pawns (like these: http://www.spel-landet.se/Graphics/Products/2101_s.jpg ) to mark friendlies and enemies.

This doesn't seem sufficient for Savage World combat as it seems that those fights tend to contain quite a lot of opponents. Thus I've been looking into these tri-fold paper-models that are available for various SW settings. Thing is, these paper figures seem to be quite fragile and I'm a quite mobile GM. How would you folks recommend storing them? Plonking them into a paper tube (like a Pringles tube, damn that means I have to eat Pringles again! Razz) ? Some sort of box?

Thoughts?

I tend to avoid the Tri-folds. I've since gone to "tubes" instead. They are easier to make, and if you roll the cardstock around a pencil/pen before gluing, it "breaks" alot of the strength around the tube, making the occasional "squish" easier to fix. I've got a thread on making them in this forum. As for storing them, I just use a plastic grocery bag.
TheLoremaster
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use various small boxes made by Artbin. They're customizable, come in a wide variety of colors, and are fairly inexpensive. They also fit nice in a file box or a Zuca bag.
Jordan Peacock
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use plastic craft/utility boxes, depending upon where I can get them cheaply ... or, failing that, a cardboard box of appropriate dimensions. If I need subdivisions in my cardboard box, I just cut up ANOTHER cardboard box to make dividers for the first one. Messy, not very pretty, but gets the job done quickly.
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep mine in a plastic art box, from which my daughter had used up the supplies, but any small cardboard box will do. I usually keep "sets" of them in small zip lock bags, which both keeps them together and makes it easy to grab and put into my game supplies storage case that I take with me to games.
Hellfire6A
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of eating Pringles eat Quaker Instant Oatmeal (it's heart healthy) and provides some great, much larger, tubes to place your paper minis in. Plus they make great terrain.

None are free until all are free!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: