Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UBCon 2012, Buffalo, NY, April 13-15, 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> The Con Suite
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheLoremaster
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: UBCon 2012, Buffalo, NY, April 13-15, 2012 Reply with quote

And then there's UBCon, my hometown show! Taking place on the beautiful campus of UB North, this convention is now in its 21st year, and it just keeps getting stronger. This year, we're planning on running a Savage Saturday Night as part of the festivities, so come out and get your game on!
Other Mike
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ... at the end of Spring break for the kids. I won't have to rush to get there this year.
vickeya
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...any interest in a SW Licensee participating in some way? I'm in Upstate NY.

Vickey

Vickey A. Beaver,
Assistant Editor, Savage Insider
Writer and More, Savage Mojo (co-writer for Caladon Falls)
TheLoremaster
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickeya wrote:
So...any interest in a SW Licensee participating in some way? I'm in Upstate NY.

Um, oh, yes, please?! Please, please, please, please, please! Smile Whereabouts in NYS are ya?

Details on the show can be found at http://www.ubcon.org/. I have not yet submitted the event details yet, but it looks like the submission form is available.
vickeya
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the Ithaca area, so UB would be a few hours away.

I co-wrote Caladon Falls, so I'd want to run that. On behalf of Savage Mojo, I'd have some prize support (and can share - we could talk details later in PM).

I see a vending area possible, but no details. Depending on their arrangement for things, I might see about working with you and having a table.

Let me know what you think!

Vickey
TheLoremaster
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickeya wrote:
I'm in the Ithaca area, so UB would be a few hours away.

Cool! Don't forget to check out Running GAGG and SimCon. We'll have a presence at GAGG, and there's usually a game or two at Simcon as well.

vickeya wrote:
I co-wrote Caladon Falls, so I'd want to run that. On behalf of Savage Mojo, I'd have some prize support (and can share - we could talk details later in PM).

Sounds great! Let's chat!
Other Mike
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any plans for a Savage Saturday? Or should I just start entering my events for the con.
TheLoremaster
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other Mike wrote:
Any plans for a Savage Saturday? Or should I just start entering my events for the con.

I totally think we should. Go ahead and enter your other events, but keep the Saturday night slot open. I need to figure out what I'm going to run ...

And GAGG is only, what, three weeks away?! ACK!!!
Other Mike
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm scrambling as well. All these ideas for props, and so little time to get them ready. Smile
Other Mike
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta get my events posted ... maybe today? Any further word on Savage Saturday Night? It's not posted yet ... I'm wondering if we can sign up as a Co-GM once it's there.
TheLoremaster
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other Mike wrote:
Gotta get my events posted ... maybe today? Any further word on Savage Saturday Night? It's not posted yet ... I'm wondering if we can sign up as a Co-GM once it's there.

I just dropped them a line to verify that they received the event. I spoke with Spike about it at GAGG, and apparently the con director had some personal issues to iron out at the beginning of the semester, so hopefully that will be cleared up soon.
Other Mike
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the Savage Saturday event there, but no way to join as a GM.
TheLoremaster
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other Mike wrote:
I see the Savage Saturday event there, but no way to join as a GM.

*sigh* Yes, that is correct. SARPA's game registration system is no way as advanced as GAGG's, more's the pity. However, interested GM's should contact me, and I can ask the Con Director to add GM names and game descriptions to the Event Listing.

I'm also waiting to hear back on their GM program. Looks like they're going through the UB ticket office this year, so we'll have to see how that pans out.
TheLoremaster
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, y'all, UBCon Event Registration is live!! If you're interested in running a game, make sure you note that it should be in the "Savage Worlds Area"; that way, we can get all our games in the same vicinity to make everyone's life easier.

And we're still looking for interested GMs to run events for Savage Saturday Night! Drop me a line and let me know what you'll be running, and I'll have the con director add it to the grid.

We'll see you there!
Other Mike
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other then the Savage Saturday Night event, I have my events entered for UBCon. Too bad you can't see the time/day for the events already listed.
TheLoremaster
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a reminder, UBCon is happening this week! There's a bunch of Savage games on the schedule, so sign on up and drop on by! We'll see you there!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> The Con Suite All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: