Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Next Companion after Horror?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nerfherder
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, is there any chance of you discounting the price of the SciFi toolkit PDFs, as I'm loathe to buy any at full price knowing that I will also be buying the Companion when it comes out?
nerfherder
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, since everything is currently at 25% discount at RPGNow, I picked up the Sci-fi gear and world-builder books. And the Fantasy Companion. And the Horror Companion. Laughing
dstuffle
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been about 9 months, is the Sci-Fi companion still "quite a ways off"?
nielsle
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that they split it in to something like
* Space companion
* Post apocalyptic companion
* Cyberpunk companion
chadhale
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nerfherder wrote:
I picked up the Sci-fi gear and world-builder books.

uhm, what? I thought these were taken down and removed.
I thought the sci-fi toolkit for savage worlds was gone. Am I wrong?

I purchased mercenary breed, high space, Daring tales of the space lanes, (savage space from these forums) and such, but that doesn't seem to be an official SW Sci-fi toolkit.

Where is it Question what is the exact title Question #1eek13
kronovan
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chadhale wrote:
nerfherder wrote:
I picked up the Sci-fi gear and world-builder books.

uhm, what? I thought these were taken down and removed.
I thought the sci-fi toolkit for savage worlds was gone. Am I wrong?

Did you check the date of their post, it was made over a year ago. Wink IIRC it was sometime last Fall that they were removed from drivetrhu and RPGNow.
chadhale
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D'oh, I was Necro-ing a necro post in a Necro'd thread, UGH, I am not even Neck-romantic!

opps. my bad. Still, I am looking forward to these myself. I am working on my own savage worlds sci-fi project "Revolutions" but

it is a challenging and difficult job. The research on *EVERYTHING* that is/has/could come down technology and science wise and the details for each topic;

Quantum computing, devices+medias into Apps, augmented reality, Cybernetics, exoskeletons, Robotics, Biotech, materials science (2-D Nano materials; Gecko grip, Flexible solar with 70% efficiency, fuel cells, thermionic films, armor, artificial muscles), exotic propulsion, Advances in energy technology, advances in manufacturing, nanotronics, and more...

The implications of the technologies we have now and the possible impacts on our society have yet to fully manifest. Good science fiction is like a good scientific theory; it has predictions we can test.
chadhale
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nielsle wrote:
I hope that they split it in to something like
* Space companion
* Post apocalyptic companion
* Cyberpunk companion

Technically this could also be a;

*Biotech companion
*Mecha compainion
*Psionic companion
Lord Stone
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wonder what the status of the Sci-Fi Companion is atm. I am also wondering if I can ever get my hands on it for a decent price because the shipping costs to Europe at Studio2 are horrendous atm ~_~
wisdomknight
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any estimate on the Sci Fi Companion yet?
Lawngnome4hire
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Stone wrote:
I really wonder what the status of the Sci-Fi Companion is atm. I am also wondering if I can ever get my hands on it for a decent price because the shipping costs to Europe at Studio2 are horrendous atm ~_~

Their domestic shipping prices are pretty horrendous also, considering they charge about double what the actual shipping charges cost(I work in shipping). I would hate to see what they do to international shipping charges.
Lord Stone
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lawngnome4hire wrote:
Lord Stone wrote:

Their domestic shipping prices are pretty horrendous also, considering they charge about double what the actual shipping charges cost(I work in shipping). I would hate to see what they do to international shipping charges.

Oh, I can tell you. If I wanted to ship 1 companion (worth $19.99) it would cost $90.39 in shipping. For 3 companions it is $119.10. If I order 10 it is $194.78. So it becomes relatively better if you order more, which might work for retailers but not quite for your average customer.
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Stone wrote:
Lawngnome4hire wrote:
Lord Stone wrote:

Oh, I can tell you. If I wanted to ship 1 companion (worth $19.99) it would cost $90.39 in shipping. For 3 companions it is $119.10. If I order 10 it is $194.78. So it becomes relatively better if you order more, which might work for retailers but not quite for your average customer.

As Joel said not too long ago in this other thread...

http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=393368#393368

...you can simply contact Studio 2 at sales@studio2publishing.com to ask if other shipping options are available.

As he noted, the automated system options aren't always the only options. You never know, but it would at least be worth a quick email to find out.

Of course, it might be after Gen Con before they can answer.

www.peginc.com
dstuffle
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been about 17 months, is the Sci-Fi companion still "quite a ways off"?
PEGShane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@dstuffle: Nope. But that's all I can say just yet. I know you want it now--I want to *give* it to you now. But it's not ready. It might come sooner than you expect, but later than you want.

Shane
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: