Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SciFi/Cyberpunk Map Tiles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seeker of Truth
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: SciFi/Cyberpunk Map Tiles Reply with quote

I am planning on running some Interface Zero 2.0 games, and am trying to find some appropriate map tiles to pick up. I have a bunch of Paizo's map tile packs, and would like to try and find something comparable. Physical products would be best, but I'm alright printing out my own stuff from PDFs too. I mostly want stuff that works for interior locations (corporate buildings, tenements, clubs, offworld colonies, spaceships, etc)

Anyone know any good places to look?
Kristian Serrano
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked out Fabled Environments' Modern Floorplans?
Raise Calculator
Seeker of Truth
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amaril, I have checked out Fabled Environments, but I'm looking for something more visual than just black and white floorplans.
Dayleph
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could also take a look at the Future Armada line from 0-hr... the Invictus is a great big cruiser/carrier design, but the ring areas can easily be restructured to be a futuristic city (I've done that myself for a game or three).

They've got quite a few other ships they've done that are all rather nicely put together as well if you need vehicles of that nature.
"I was happy with "fairly terrible"."
"Sorry, just thinking out loud."
Jordan Peacock
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) If you can find any of the AT-43 map tiles or map "posters" on the cheap, those might be useful, if you just want something nice on the table and aren't worried about having grid lines. I've gotten a lot of use out of the basic AT-43 "poster" map that came with the core game.

2) Check for Star Wars Miniatures maps. Yes, it's Star Wars, but some of the designs work nicely enough for generic sci-fi/cyberpunk locations. I've managed to get some pretty nice free home-made ones online after checking around.

3) Consider board games (especially if you might already HAVE some that could be useful).

3a) The "Doom" board game is a great resource for me -- not that I am in great need of large cyber-demonic minis (though I HAVE found an excuse to use them from time to time) or zombies (ditto), but the link-together die-cut cardboard floor tiles are handy for sci-fi/futuristic floors ... tending toward the apocalyptic. The stand-up doors are handy, too.

3b) The "Sedition Wars" board game also has some pretty nice sci-fi floors, though again they're a bit on the "apocalyptic" side with plenty of signs of distress and carnage. It's also a great source of minis for some cyberpunk + horror ... though the figures are very fiddly and require some dedication to assemble properly. I suspect that's why the bottom has been dropping out on the price on various sites. (I still don't have all mine put together yet.)
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star Wars miniature terrain maps should give you some good industrial options.
Seeker of Truth
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dayleph, that is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Thanks! I also came across some nice offerings by Maps of Mastery that could work well. Especially nice is the train station set, with interior and exterior tiles for the train.
Virtuous Dweller
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this during my search for maps. Lots of modern stuuf there.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/76106906@N00/page1/
lordsaintprince
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

full color maps even have print on demand. lots of modern and scifi stuff. they also like to make maps suggested by fans. http://dramascape.net/
salcor
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zombicide has some good modern city tiles but they are covered in blood splatter. Heroclix has some good modern maps. You should also do a search for the Adventurer's Atlas, they have some good modern/SciFi (star wars) maps too. And then there is World works Games papercraft terrain. Good luck.

Salcor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: