Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cards to Games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robert4818
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject: Cards to Games Reply with quote

This thread is dedicated to unique playing cards that you use for different games.

Unfortunately, right now, I don't have anything specific that I'm using.
Pariah74
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use these for Slipstream:
http://www.amazon.com/Kikkerland-Design-Invisible-Playing-Cards/dp/B000BITRRS

I have these for Horror
http://www.amazon.com/Texas-Chainsaw-Massacre-Playing-Cards/dp/B000UV7EBM

These for western
http://www.amazon.com/Faro-Playing-Cards-Aces-Eights/dp/1594590915/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1318308236&sr=8-1
I also have some jack Daniels cards that have an old west look but I don't see them on the web. They're probably rare and I have destroyed them. Laughing

I use these for star wars
http://www.amazon.com/Heroes-Villians-Poker-Playing-2-Decks/dp/B000TZ3Q1G

For supers I have a Spider-man deck I got at Universal Studios Orlando, but I can't find a link for it on the web.

For fantasy games we use a Rider-Waite tarot deck and remove the Pages from the minor arcana and all but Death and The Fool from the Major arcana.
Vinzent
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Hoyle Miniature Cards for my travel gamer gear.

For my standard games, I like a deck of Pegleg Pete's Royal Rogues. It has a good finish, it's easy to read, and includes four "Kraken" Cards should I wish to add something in the mix.
Pariah74
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vinzent wrote:
I use Hoyle Miniature Cards for my travel gamer gear.

I have a deck of really tiny cards I got from a gumball machine years ago. I am hoping to run a game someday where the PCs are shrunk and have to cross a suburban yard to get back home...honey I shrunk the gamers.

And if it's doable I want to use those tiny cards. I think they're about 1 in by half and inch.

But if they don't work, those certainly would. Thanks.
Jordan Peacock
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For general Savage Worlds, I have the Gramel Savage Worlds Action Deck and the new Savage Worlds Action Deck.

For Pirates RPG, I have a couple of Disney Pirates of the Caribbean decks (themed after the ride, not the movies) I picked up at the airport.

For sci-fi, I have some Star Wars card decks. (They actually have *three* Jokers.) Alternatively, I have some clear plastic cards with a "futuristic" look, but the labeling is a little too abstract and I've had problems with players somehow thinking they have a Joker when they've got a Jack.

For pulp, I have some Indiana Jones card decks donated by one of the players.

For Wonderland No More, I have a couple of Alice-in-Wonderland themed decks from Prospero Art (via Amazon).

For my homebrew Ghostbusters games, I've been using a Disney's Haunted Mansion deck. It has some silly art on it for the face cards and jokers, based on the portraits from the entrance to the Disneyworld ride.

For Deadlands, I used to use a two-pack of Deadlands themed cards that came out (for the classic game), but players often get confused by the "clever" suit symbols (e.g., tomahawk for Clubs, an actual heart for Hearts, a chunk of ghost rock for Diamonds, a shovel for Spades), so instead I've been using a deck of White Wolf "Werewolf - Wild West" cards, which also happen to be extra-large cards.
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan Peacock wrote:
FFor sci-fi, I have some Star Wars card decks. (They actually have *three* Jokers.)

Yeah, I dealt 3 Jokers to my players and went WTF? We had a PC and a Villain with Improved Level Headed or we might never have known. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: