Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Official Savage Worlds Minis Request Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snate56
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um... no, how can she roll up her sleeve with one arm?

SteveN
Jordan Peacock
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Great Rail Wars Reply with quote

LordTentacle wrote:
And while the Reaper figures are fantastic in the detail and theming, plastic is so much lighter, especially for traveling, (although I don't know what plastic costs relative to pewter).

I seem to recall this coming up before, but the short version is that cost-per-casting for plastic is much lower in terms of materials and labor, but the overhead is dramatically higher (getting your first mold made) than it is for pewter minis. It represents a major investment to add a new miniature to a line of plastic minis (and working out a contract with a factory in China), so you need to be assured of selling a LOT of those cheap plastic minis in order to break even on your overhead.

By comparison, the technology for casting pewter minis with rubber molds is such that I can do it in my garage (and have done so), and it takes a lot less time to get rolling once you've made the "masters" for a new mold.
The trouble is that pewter costs more, is heavier, is more trouble to work with, and the rubber molds have a far, far shorter life span than the dies used for plastic figures -- so the per-figure cost is necessarily higher, and the profit margin stays low even if you sell lots and lots of the figure.

If you KNOW you're going to sell gobs and gobs of a particular figure, then, plastic is the way to go. But until then, pewter is the safer investment for a maker of miniatures catering to a niche hobby market.
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Deadlands
* Martial artist. Very hard to find a "Western Kung-Fu" figure. Need something more then Shaolin Monks and Ninjas.

* Blessed. Gun wielding Priest/Nun.

* Voodoo Bokor. Figure based off Doctor Duvalier (Doomtown ccg / pg 79 of dlr PHB)

*More female gunslingers.

*Black regiment soldier.... or just anything "Western" zombified/harrowed.

*Was there ever a figure made based off the cover of the Classic Marshall's handbook?

*Maze rats that aren't just pirate setting pirates....

and if it's not too soon...... Doomsayers Wormlings, Cole Ballad, Jo, Classic HoE Tale-Teller archetype.

Yeah.
vaganardi
Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to sift through Last Sons - especially monsters and weird stuff. We don't need gunfighters - there are a lot of companies that make nice normal western figures. We need the stuff no one makes.

Like a set of harrowed outlaws (just an example)

I would like to see some nice creatures and harrowed for DLN as well - once again there are a lot of nice 1930's pulp - give me some good ole savage weirdness.
dstuffle
Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like what's been made so far.

Some female Union & Confed troops / officers. There are plenty of male minis of this sort, but none female. (and some using sabers, please).

For monsters:
* Night Horrors / Haunts
* Dust Devil
* Chupakabaras
* Wendegos
slugsabi
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slugsabi wrote:
Having just got back into miniatures to support my Deadlands game and knowing which direction I want to go how about a series of mini's aimed to support 'The Flood'. That way anyone of a mind would be able to collect such whilst knowing that they cover a good selection of the game as well.

I don't wish to provide a list and introduce a catalogue of spoilers but think about the major characters/plot points/encounters and archetypes and you should be on the right path.

Looking at the recent releases, ta very much Very Happy
Kristian Serrano
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I'm running Necessary Evil... Well, you get the idea.

I mean, who doesn't want a miniature of Dr. Destruction, Long Arm, or The Hammer of Justice?
Raise Calculator
Citrine
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about some 50 fathom's player characters?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: