Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Converting Brave New World using Supers companion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolfx
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:43 am    Post subject: Converting Brave New World using Supers companion Reply with quote

Just wanted to bounce some ideas off anyone willing to listen.

I was thinking of using a modified version of becoming Harrowed for the change to an Alpha. Not using grit only using 1 card per rank and only the Black Joker creates an Alpha (red joker just means you managed to not die). The only other restriction (other than dying) is you have to be Veteran or higher.

My issue is how to create a "new" more powerful hero in the rebirth. I was thinking of allowing the character to be re made with an additional 10 power points. Opinions?

My next issue is the Barganiers. I am thinking of removing Super Sorcery and keeping AB: Magic (or possibly AB: Sorcery from the Fantasy companion), mainly to keep a spellcasting roll involved. Then adding Totems (each character would get 1 as part of the AB) as a modifier to certain types of spells. Additional Totems would be "created" as an edge similar to New Power. Opinions?

Thanks in advance for any and all opinions.

Aric
newForumNewName
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Converting Brave New World using Supers companion Reply with quote

I'm not terribly familiar with the mechanics of the setting, but I have read the setting fluff and meta-plot material, so here's my opinion based on that.

Wolfx wrote:
Just wanted to bounce some ideas off anyone willing to listen.

I was thinking of using a modified version of becoming Harrowed for the change to an Alpha. Not using grit only using 1 card per rank and only the Black Joker creates an Alpha (red joker just means you managed to not die). The only other restriction (other than dying) is you have to be Veteran or higher.

My issue is how to create a "new" more powerful hero in the rebirth. I was thinking of allowing the character to be re made with an additional 10 power points. Opinions?

I wouldn't allow alphas as playable characters. The difference in power level between "normal" supers and alphas is too great to be effectively represented in game and the meta-plot suggests that no alphas will be around anyway. Unless you start with Street-level supers for your Deltas, then move them up to standard or cosmic level if they become Alphas, but that would not be a terribly fun game with that much power disparity. Some power disparity is ok, but that much becomes "the Alpha swoops in and kills everything while everyone else just watches." So, as I stated, I wouldn't use Alphas as playable characters.

wolfx wrote:
My next issue is the Barganiers. I am thinking of removing Super Sorcery and keeping AB: Magic (or possibly AB: Sorcery from the Fantasy companion), mainly to keep a spellcasting roll involved. Then adding Totems (each character would get 1 as part of the AB) as a modifier to certain types of spells. Additional Totems would be "created" as an edge similar to New Power. Opinions?

I'm not entirely sure why you aren't allowing Super Sorcery. Super Sorcery still involves Spellcasting and many of the powers can be re-trapped to allow the Spellcasting skill instead of the normal Spirit, Smarts, Fighting, or Shooting skill.

Hope that helps.

"While nFNN could be less of a jerk about how he says what he says, what he says is essentially correct." -- ValhallaGH
Ogma
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One big "issue" I had with the original setting was that a normal guy with a gun was typically far more effective than a friggin' superhero. I recall being in a big fight with a bunch of armed thugs and most of our superhero team was incapped through gunshots!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: