Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

hmmm?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marshalonwheels
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: hmmm? Reply with quote

what happens if a PC drinks a can o' bubbly fizz? how many does it take before...

also if a player takes wheels do they get the benefit of the rich edge they had to take to get wheels or is the rich cash part of wheels' $5,000?
Boldfist
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmm? Reply with quote

Marshalonwheels wrote:
also if a player takes wheels do they get the benefit of the rich edge they had to take to get wheels or is the rich cash part of wheels' $5,000?

I've been waiting for someone to ask a similar question. Also, with only $5,000 (or $5,750 with Rich) no one can afford a sports car to begin with? Even with Filthy Rich you wouldn't have near enough? Unless the Edge gives you a vehicle of choice for free and then you have $5,000 to purchase accessories and fuel? Which seems excessive... But $5,000 for a vehicle seems very low. You could only afford a bike, small pickup, compact car or van but the car and van wouldn't be outfitted as they cost $5,000 each?

And does Rich give a "salary of $150k" each year? I'm assuming that a "regular income" is not appropriate in this setting but...
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: hmmm? Reply with quote

Marshalonwheels wrote:
what happens if a PC drinks a can o' bubbly fizz? how many does it take before...

Only takes one, but whether this one is part of the random batch or not, that's the question. Twisted Evil

Possibly something we'll address later, but fizzers are kind of known, so it'd be a special case for someone to drink it.

Marshalonwheels wrote:

They'd get the normal benefit of Rich too.

Boldfist wrote:
I've been waiting for someone to ask a similar question. Also, with only $5,000 (or $5,750 with Rich) no one can afford a sports car to begin with? Even with Filthy Rich you wouldn't have near enough? Unless the Edge gives you a vehicle of choice for free and then you have $5,000 to purchase accessories and fuel? Which seems excessive... But $5,000 for a vehicle seems very low. You could only afford a bike, small pickup, compact car or van but the car and van wouldn't be outfitted as they cost $5,000 each?

That's all a Novice gets to start with. If a GM wanted to allow multiple PCs with the Edge to combine their money in one vehicle, they could get something better.

Boldfist wrote:
And does Rich give a "salary of $150k" each year? I'm assuming that a "regular income" is not appropriate in this setting but...

Correct, Hell On Earth would be a setting where a regular income would not be appropriate.

www.peginc.com
Boldfist
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Clint!
grendel2175
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheels edge as a system for allowing a character to have a vehicle is a fail IMO. Two edges to end up with a Yugo?

Honestly the inclusion of many of the splatter book wingdings (power armor, project damocles, Ford Falcon V8...) from HOE you really need a commitment from the GM and the group to run a particular story.
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

grendel2175 wrote:
Wheels edge as a system for allowing a character to have a vehicle is a fail IMO. Two edges to end up with a Yugo?

Well, the idea is that a Novice could have a regular vehicle or a tricked out bike of their own.

grendel2175 wrote:
Honestly the inclusion of many of the splatter book wingdings (power armor, project damocles, Ford Falcon V8...) from HOE you really need a commitment from the GM and the group to run a particular story.

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean, man.

www.peginc.com
Preatori0us
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clint wrote:
I have no idea what this is supposed to mean, man.

I believe he's saying, with all the extras that have been added from the other books in the original series of HOE, wouldn't it be rather hard to play one of them in HOE:R?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: