Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(classic) Weaponsmith beam saber questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PsyBomb
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:11 am    Post subject: (classic) Weaponsmith beam saber questions Reply with quote

Say I have a Junker who is trying to make his very own version of the Plasma Sword from Cyborgs. There are rules for this beam weapon... except that it doesn't mention how to up a beam weapon's AP and just what its defensive bonus is supposed to be.

The latter I will assume to be as per the physical weapons chart for a normal weapon with that damage, but can someone help me with the AP part? Slots, materials, and drain if you know it. I'll have to default to Flash Gordon rules for it (+25% per AP) if it's not something else.
ScooterinAB
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a really interesting question. I seem to recall that an energy weapon actually bypasses all regular armor. I can't find the mention, but the idea here is that the pure energy blade would just pass through most armor, as most magic does.

Failing this, I would use the Flas Gordon rules, as you mentioned. The Weaponsmith rules for AP assume that you are adding additional parts/new materials to the weapon in order to cut through armor. Flash Gordon, on the other had, assumes that you are turning the weapon up to 11 in order to bypass the armor.
PsyBomb
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScooterinAB, That is in Spirit Weapon and doesn't apply unless you have that power applied and active (at ten times your previous charge cost >.<)

Then again, soul taps are WONDERFUL things.
Templar
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, one idea might be to look at how they handle AP for the weapons in flash gordon and apply it thusly. That's the only Idea I can come up with offhand, I'm sorry.
PsyBomb
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flash Gordon is just +25% drain per level of AP, with no materials or slot cost. I think I'm going to do that plus the increased Structural and Slots cost (as this only makes sense, call it more refined crystals for the power or some such). Really not all that bad overall, given how few slots it costs base. It even works out roughly correct after Miniaturize and Flow.
ScooterinAB
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd use electronic or chemical instead. Using extra structural components is just a nuisance. Having to fork over an extra few chemical (to treat the device) or electronic (to handle the added power flow) makes it a little bit more of an exercise.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: