Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(classic) Power Armor question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Templar
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:11 am    Post subject: (classic) Power Armor question Reply with quote

Ok, this might sound like a weird question but it could be very big. I was looking at the rules and it mentioned that all suits of power armor do 2d8+strength in hand to hand combat. Would the person attacking in a suit of power armor be considered unarmed if the use that damage?
PsyBomb
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a pretty emphatic no. Assuming you have the arm, it covers your hand (take a look at the Archetype picture for the battlesuit pilot). You're clubbing someone with a giant piece of metal, not bare fists Smile
Templar
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Main reason I was wondering, I got a weird idea involving a martial artist in a suit of power armor. Laughing
SilasWrathStrike
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I THOUGHT I saw where you were going with that Templar...

Depending on how lenient a Marshal one has, they could potentially consider possibly making the fists of the Power Armor out of some extra-rare/valuable whatever that happens to conduct chi very well, which would make it more expensive, but allow the martial artist to use maneuvers whilst inside the suit. That, or perhaps it requites power, G-rays or electricity to activate the power to allow the Chi to more from the m.a. through the suit. Although given the relatively high cost of a lot of chi powers, maybe that's not too big of a concern.

Still, fists made out of Ghoststeel sound like a winner to me when conducting Chi.
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SilasWrathStrike wrote:
they could potentially consider possibly making the fists of the Power Armor out of some extra-rare/valuable whatever that happens to conduct chi very well,

Ghoststeel.

Alternately, since MA aren't exactly broken, just say "it's close enough for most powers - except for Devastating Ape Strike." That power is balanced around being unarmed. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: