Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VTOL Engines + 'Cheating' the system?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rungok
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:43 pm    Post subject: VTOL Engines + 'Cheating' the system? Reply with quote

I was looking at the VTOL power as adjusted by Iron Oasis.

I was curious about the lift that a VTOL can achieve. Do I have to make one giant power for a carrier, or can I make a separate cargo device and build the VTOL to be able to pick up and drop off the cargo carrier?

Or another example, can I make a large size power just for the cargo (Size 15 or so) and then several smaller size 8 VTOL engines and just use them simultaneously to provide the necessary lift? (Perhaps using the brains power as a central control system)

I mean, I don't mind making such a huge device, but I prefer to build my devices in relatively safe increments. It just feels like I have to make a really difficult roll for a power that in essence is going to be 60-80% empty space most of the time.
ScooterinAB
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you thinking like Thunderbird 2? Because that would be awesome.

I think it would be best to have a single device, represented by multiple engines (ala the other flight powers, which allow you to spread the engines equally over the wings). As long as the engines were powerful enough to lift what you want to lift later, you will be fine.

I'd have to run the numbers, but if you just build the engines first, it shouldn't be that large. Plus, I recall a mechanic for building larger devices in stages, but I could be mistaken.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: