Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Templars and Bloodsports

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Templar
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Templars and Bloodsports Reply with quote

Ok, sort of a weird question, what do you think the attitude of the Templars would be (or should be) towards bloodsports, IE the arena fights and the like. Part of why I wonder is that one of my players is doing a few arena bouts to help the group get cash, he is heavily mutated and is also a templar (see the posse power level threat to get an idea) and has said that he won't use his martyr gifts or anything like that in the arena as he feels that would be unfair and abusing those gifts. What I wonder is how would, say Simon react to the idea of a Templar fighting in the arena, even if they use any prize money to donate to worthy causes or the like? Just wondering.
SlasherEpoch
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I feel like it makes the Templars look more badass when they win (pro) but more mercenary to compete (con). And they look a lot weaker when they lose (con). As far as Simon is concerned, his little organization has very little to gain and a lot to lose from a Templar fighting in the ring.

If it were me, I would make being a Templar part of my pit fighter "gimmick." Everyone assumes my being a Templar is part of the kayfabe.

Evil Wig Enterprises Minion #15 - "The
Machete"
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if the Templar was only matched against something every one agrees is evil
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is he openly a Templar in this town, or is he still doing the Test of Worth, as a pit fighter? I can see Simon being cool with the second, since bloodsport competitors are about as low on the social ladder as a community member can be - a great perspective to measure the worth of a community.

As a publicly known Templar? SlasherEpoch would seem to have the right of it.
Templar
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ValhallaGH wrote:
Is he openly a Templar in this town, or is he still doing the Test of Worth, as a pit fighter? I can see Simon being cool with the second, since bloodsport competitors are about as low on the social ladder as a community member can be - a great perspective to measure the worth of a community.

As a publicly known Templar? SlasherEpoch would seem to have the right of it.

He isn't exposing himself as a templar no, the other templar, the more social one, is serving as his 'manager', Part of why he's doing it is to help the rest of the group earn cash, and partially because the player is having fun with it. And I guess that makes sense too, so long as no one outside the group knows he's a templar, and he had mentioned avoiding using any of the martyr powers since he figured that would be unfair (he even avoided using the armor the Junker made for him in the first fight as he felt that it would be unfair given how much protection it provides)
SlasherEpoch
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm understanding this right it sounds like he's not really "on the clock," so to speak. Is this correct?

Evil Wig Enterprises Minion #15 - "The
Machete"
SilasWrathStrike
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the one hand, a Templar, someone whose life is supposed to be more than just something to throw away, is greatly increasing the chances that he might die, which I'd consider pretty antithetical to the entire test of worth.

On the other hand, if this guy really is THAT DAMN GOOD, perhaps he's not really putting himself in that much danger, and it would depend more at that point at how useful the money he earns is going to be. If it's going toward very necessary gear for the posse to fight the minions of the Reckoners, then it's more worthwhile. If someone in his posse is going to just buy a lady of the night or stay at the Hilton, then not so good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: