Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A revolution

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
itsme4eva1
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: A revolution Reply with quote

I took the revolutionary war and made it into a Savage Worlds setting. It should be interesting because I added some fantasy aspects to it. I wrote out a full campaign and am getting ready to play it with my group.
Dylan S
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming that you're referring to the American revolution.

I am very interested in how this turns out! I've wanted to run a fantasy-enhanced campaign based on the North American theatre of the Seven Years' War for some time, which might turn out similarly. Can you share any materials? At the very least, I would like to read about your players' reactions, what sorts of characters they created, and how they behaved in the world.

Also, welcome!
itsme4eva1
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I spent about 5 hours in all creating stats for things that really did exist and things that didn't. I included a British Dragoon which is basically a veteran soldier at the time. I have the entire 8 page file on my laptop so I could easily send you a copy. The group is fairly large so I made it for a group of about 10 people. It is mainly following historical records, but I was able to tie in some superatural with Native American ties. If you want the file just tell me, and we can keep in touch about it. The ending allows the characters to be used later on in American history, because the group I am currently playing with like to use their characters later on. The characters that my group have told me about are; a fur trapper from New Netherlands, a Native American, your typical blazing patriot, and some other just random characters.
SavageGamerGirl
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! I'm running a Savage Worlds game I unimaginatively call Colonial Fantasy, set in 1786.

It originally started out as a Northern Crown campaign in Pathfinder, but I switched to Savage Worlds and dropped the alternate history aspects of Northern Crown and just went with "like our world, plus magic."
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I commented last night but I don’t see it maybe the gremlins romoved it for being off topic or I forgot to hit the post button twice

This reminds me of a PC RPG game from the 90’s called War Along the Mohawk (Fields of fire in Europe) that was a RPG set in the French and Indian war. It sounds like it was a full on RPG set in the period, it had different pre generated characters of various classes and you cold fiddle with their abilities. I never played it but I was reading a review in PC Gamer. They had the military history guy review it and he did not get it he complained about things like a +4 silver pistol is ridicules. I could never did find it in any store in my area but some one could order it on line now days

And As long as I’m posting off topic I was once working on a script treatment for “Predators: Revolution” (that was lost in the HD drop of 2011.

It was set in the revolution of course but in the west like Ohio. It starts out with a siege of a out back fort like the beginning of Last of the Mohicans. It ends up with about 20 guys from both sides hold up in the half destroyed fort trying to fend off a predators. There would have been an experienced but stuffy English officer, a quick witted and young American officer, an Indian scout and of course a Hessian sergeant with a broad sword (played by Rolf Muller

Welcome to use those ideas
itsme4eva1
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my game does not have anything like a +4 pistol. It is your basic equipment unless you are using native american weapons then its just Native American weapons.
itsme4eva1
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also if you have any ideas of what I could do after this that would be great cause I will be doing another campaign about 8 weeks after this one ends. I was thinking world war 1, but that is pretty far in the future. The Civil War would be very similar to this so if I can I would rather not go into that.
newForumNewName
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

itsme4eva1 wrote:
Also if you have any ideas of what I could do after this that would be great cause I will be doing another campaign about 8 weeks after this one ends. I was thinking world war 1, but that is pretty far in the future. The Civil War would be very similar to this so if I can I would rather not go into that.

Consider Weird War II. It's different enough technologically to be different, but has the same sort of wartime backdrop and historical hooks.
itsme4eva1
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird war seems like it would be way better for a futuristic game which is a lot farther than ww1
Doc Firefly
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run an a game that is Essentially "Savage: Colonial Gothic" as a demo. I took a fanasty adventure and set it in New England Circa 1775. I was inspired by the "Traito to the Crown Serise" by C.C. Findly. What is nice (aside from being set in an Era I have a facination with) is that combat wise you have have a good ballance between ranged and melee (after the first shot).
itsme4eva1
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds pretty cool Doc Firefly
RPGperik
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Firefly wrote:
I run an a game that is Essentially "Savage: Colonial Gothic" as a demo. I took a fanasty adventure and set it in New England Circa 1775. I was inspired by the "Traito to the Crown Serise" by C.C. Findly. What is nice (aside from being set in an Era I have a facination with) is that combat wise you have have a good ballance between ranged and melee (after the first shot).

I only own Solomon Kane and Deadlands Reloaded. I have been thinking of using Solomon Kane for a Colonial Gothic game. Do you have any conversion notes?
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more primitive firearms in the Savage Worlds core rules should cover you. A half-dozen black-powder guns should give you most of the stats you need, as well as guidance on designing any specific weapon that you need special stats for.

Good luck!
RPGperik
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking of converting weaponry from Colonial Gothic to Savage Worlds. I suppose I need the core rules and can't make do with just Solomon Kane?
Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Solomon Kane book actually includes all the necessary rules from Savage Worlds, so technically you don't need the Core Book. However, it employs the Revised Edition rules with a few bits that got incorporated in later editions (most notably how melee damage is the Strength die plus the weapon die instead of the old Strength roll plus a static bonus).
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rik wrote:
I was thinking of converting weaponry from Colonial Gothic to Savage Worlds. I suppose I need the core rules and can't make do with just Solomon Kane?

You could, but I'd shell out the $10 for the Core Rules, and all the amazing options that it provides. This way you'll have rules for modern guns, fantasy weapons, laser weapons, world war 2 tanks, hover tanks, jet fighters, and dragons all in one book.

You'll also know how all the arcane backgrounds work to make that Deadlands material you own actually useful. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: