Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Savage Worlds Bestiary?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishnamedkarl
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Savage Worlds Bestiary? Reply with quote

I have found that when I am looking for a particular monster I will flip through several books to find it. Is a Dragon in the fantasy companion or the core book? Will I find a zombie in the horror, Core or fantasy?

Is there any chance we can get a compilation of all the published core monsters (From the Deluxe and companions). Has anyone compiled their own?
Zadmar
Legendary

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some fan-made bestiarys, like Lord Lance's Savage Free Bestiary and my Savage Pathfinder Bestiary (a conversion that's still under work, I also added a search option for it).

You could also check out the Hellfrost bestiary, which has a large selection of monsters. But I doubt you'll see any full compilations, as many monsters are setting-specific.
fishnamedkarl
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I'm not really looking for "setting" specific. I'm more looking fore the "core" monsters. Savage Worlds Deluxe and the companions (Fantasy, Horror, SciFi (if it ever comes out), etc.

Speaking of the SciFy companion, is there anywhere I can get the old SciFi toolkit until it does?
MagusRogue
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Dragons and Zombies are in SWD, as are many staple monsters, such as orcs, goblins, ogres, and trolls. even got liches and zombies in there. FC has more dragons and other cool fantasy creatures, and if you want variant zombies and vampires and the like, look towards the HC!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Re: Savage Worlds Bestiary? Reply with quote

fishnamedkarl wrote:
I have found that when I am looking for a particular monster I will flip through several books to find it. Is a Dragon in the fantasy companion or the core book? Will I find a zombie in the horror, Core or fantasy?

The answer is typically D - All of the above.

We specifically put all the fantasy creatures from the core rulebook in the Fantasy Companion, so GMs only have to reference one book for all the fantasy creatures. So Dragons, Drakes, Goblins, Orcs, and yep, Zombies are all in the Fantasy Companion.

The same basically holds true for the Horror Companion though Vampires got a much more extensive modular listing due to the sheer number of varieties possible. Zombies are somewhat similar though they have the basic version and "add-ons" for variants.

www.peginc.com
Gordon
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Clint - Except for (our local gaming group's staple) Kobolds -- which one could use the Goblin stats for in a pinch Wink

But I'm no lawyer, good chance that Kobold was a trademark name from another company, so I'm not complaining Very Happy

Although I do love the fact that you gave different dragon breath rules in Fantasy to help flesh them out for others coming from other gaming systems.

Proud Member of the Lone Star Savages https://plus.google.com/communities/102746374078002591043
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdgwf wrote:
@Clint - Except for (our local gaming group's staple) Kobolds -- which one could use the Goblin stats for in a pinch Wink

I'm not saying every creature is in that book, just that all the fantasy creatures in the core rulebook bestiary were reprinted in the Fantasy Companion for ease of reference.

And yeah, Kobolds are basically Goblins who like to set traps. Wink

www.peginc.com
ogbendog
Legendary

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdgwf wrote:

But I'm no lawyer, good chance that Kobold was a trademark name from another company, so I'm not complaining Very Happy

nope.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobold

a surprising number of DnD monsters are mythological. I suspect anything in the SRD is historical, while other monsters, Beholders for examaple, which aren't, are dnd inventions

http://www.rpgnow.com/product/119241/Kaisers-Gate-Field-Manual-Mounts
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: