Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Big List of Upcoming Pinnacle Products
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thunderforge
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Big List of Upcoming Pinnacle Products Reply with quote

I'm sure we're all very excited about all the upcoming Pinnacle products that are on the horizon. However, it's a bit hard to keep track of everything that is coming up. So I've decided to compile a giant list of upcoming Savage Worlds Products from Pinnacle.

Now I've done my best to find the most up to date information, but I know that I'm missing some things. Please feel free to reply to this thread and I'll update this first post with the most up to date information. I considered including upcoming items from licensees too, but doing just the Pinnacle Products was daunting enough and I think it would be too much to try and maintain a list for all those products as well.

In some cases, I have used Pinnacle's or a Pinnacle Staffer's exact words for the descriptions of the products if they have provided a concrete description, otherwise I have just crafted my own based on the available information. Of course, none of this information is guaranteed to be accurate and, because delays happen and Joel gives obfuscated replies, please don't hold me or Pinnacle to the accuracy of any of these statements.

And now without further ado:

Pinnacle Entertainment's Upcoming Products:
Last updated 28 August 2013

50 Fathoms
  • Legend of Kyla Kidd
    • Type: Fiction, in PDF, iBook, Nook, and Kindle formats
    • Description: Kyla Kidd searches for her legendary father, Capatain Kidd. Is she out to clear his name, or find his long-lost treaure? Kyla's journey will take her across blood-stained oceans, into battle with horrors from the depths, and through the Mists to the fantastic, drowning world of Caribdus! Join the story from the beginning with Through the Mists by Tony Lee.
    • Release Information: Digital copies have been released. Hardbound is "many months away" (Shane).

Companions
  • Sci-fi Companion
    • Type: Explorer's Edition Companion
    • Description: A new addition to the Companion series covering the sci-fi genre. "We've been testing the heck out of it because there's a lot of complicated content in there: mechs, cyberware, ships, planetary creation, all kinds of cool stuff" (Shane, @ 1:32)
    • Release Information: "The next big thing is the Sci-fi Companion" (Shane)
  • Post-Apocalyptic Companion
    • Type: Explorer's Edition Companion
    • Description: A new addition to the Companion series covering the post-apocalyptic genre
    • Release Information: "There was a post-apocalyptic TK written by Wiggy several years ago that I plan on updating sometime after the SciFi Companion" (Shane)

Deadlands Reloaded
  • Dime Novels
    • Type: Fiction, in PDF, iBook, Nook, and Kindle formats
    • Description: "The original fiction from the Deadlands Dime Novels, featuring all new full-color illustrations of Ronan Lynch, Bad Luck Betty, and Velvet Van Helter." (Main page). Does not include the original Deadlands RPG scenarios.
    • Release Information: Perdition's Daughter, Independence Day, and Night Train have been released. No information on the rest.
  • Deadlands: Stone and a Hard Place
    • Type: Plot Point Campaign
    • Description: Deals with Stone and covers the Southwest. Goal is to bring out the Spaghetti Western feel of the setting and each section header will hopefully be named after a Spaghetti Western
    • Release Information: "Farther along than the fourth one" (Cutter) "In development. 'Nuff said." (Cutter).
  • Trail Guide: Hell's Half Acre
    • Type: PDF Supplement
    • Description: A "lost" Deadlands book written by Steven S. Long (Cutter).
    • Release Information: No information
  • Trail Guide Back East: North
    • Description: "Volume 2 is slated to be Trail Guide: Back East, compiling the forthcoming North and South Trail Guides." (Cutter).
  • Trail Guide Back East: South
    • Description: "Volume 2 is slated to be Trail Guide: Back East, compiling the forthcoming North and South Trail Guides." (Cutter).
  • Trail Guides: Vol. 2
    • Type: Explorer's Edition Compilation of individually published supplement PDFs
  • Explorers' Society Catalog of Curiosities
    • Type: Explorer's Edition supplement book
    • Description: A book of Relics for a Deadlands campaign, featuring submissions from Deadlands fans. "The relics that were stored in the Shan Fan lodge, which was destroyed in one of the plot points and all of the relics were looted." (Cutter)
    • Release Information: Next release after Grim Prairie Trails (Cutter)
  • Grim Prairie Trails
    • Type: Explorer's Edition Supplement
    • Description: "You say you want new abominations? And you want Savage Tales for some of them, Path of Kane-style? And you want a bunch of Classic monsters that never got reloaded? And you want John Goff to write 'em? Well... okay, amigo, but only for you." (Cutter)
    • Release Information: PDF released, "the printed book of Grim Prairie Trails for Deadlands expected to ship in early November 2013." (Studio2Publishing)
  • Untitled Hellstromme Plot Point Campaign
    • Type: Plot Point Campaign
    • Description: Focusing on Hellstrome, takes place in Deseret, includes stats for the power fist the Hellstrome miniature has (Cutter)
    • Release Information: "In the outline phase" (Cutter)
  • Untitled Deadlands Solo Adventure
    • Type: Solo adventure
    • Description: A solo adventure set in the world of Deadlands
    • Release Information: On the way soon (Shane)

Deadlands Noir
  • Tales of the Black Hand
    • Type: Adventure
    • Description: About the Black Hand, who are the mafia in New Orleans (Shane)
  • Three Untitled "Interactive Novellas"
    • Type: iOS Application
    • Description: Styled after the Choose Your Own Adventure books and continues the story of Harvey Jenkins. Written by Sean Patrick Fannon, illustrated by Cheyenne Wright, and created using an app toolset by Squid & Crow. (Sean Patrick Fannon)

Hell on Earth Reloaded
  • Hell on Earth Companion
    • Type: Hardbound, setting supplement and Plot Point campaign
    • Description: "A Companion is already planned to have the Plot Point Campaign plus more info on characters like Witches and Cyborgs." (Clint). "Plot Point Campaign takes you from one end of the Wasted West to another, from North to South…fighting an ancient evil and answers a big question for what is under Black Leaf Correctional Facility" (Teller)
    • Release Information: Went into editing the week before GenCon (Teller)

Lost Colony Reloaded
  • Lost Colony Reloaded
    • Type: "likely to be a traditional setting + Plot Point." (Cutter)
    • Description: An updated and Savaged version of the original Lost Colony setting.
    • Release Information: "Don't get too excited; it's still years away. Smile" (Cutter)

Evernight
  • Evernight: Explorer's Edition
    • Type: Explorer's Edition Setting & Scripted Campaign
    • Description: An updated version of the Evernight campaign and setting, which has already been released in Polish by another company.
    • Release Information: Because much of the work has been done, sooner than most updated books (an annoucnement to that extent were on the Pinnacle main page, but isn't any more and Wayback Machine doesn't have a snapshort near that point).

The Last Parsec
  • The Last Parsec
    • Type: "Four books, each being setting info for a planet…whole Plot Point Campaign that goes along with it" (Shane)
    • Description: "Gotta be a little sparse with the details just yet but we'll do a full blitz leading up to its Kickstarter. I can tell you there are four books, plus ship map posters, screen, and more coming all at once. And we certainly don't want any confusion that this is in ANY way connected to [Star Frontiers]--it's just of the same general spirit and tenor." (Shane). Different authors will write different books (Shane)
    • Release Information: "It will be a big Kickstarter next year" (Shane)

Necessary Evil
  • Necessary Evil 2 (Working title)
    • Type: Plot point campaign
    • Description: It's going to be concurrent with the original campaign and will be set at a ruined city aside from Star City. Written by Christopher McGlothlin, author of Mutants & Masterminds. (Clint) "Necessary Evil was about bad people do a noble thing for selfish reasons. What we were thinking for Necessary Evil 2 is: what happens when terrible people have to do terrible things just to survive." "Like scorpions in a bottle and shaking it up to see if they sting themselves." It'll feature sharks. (Chris McGlothlin)
    • Release Information: No release information

Rippers
  • Rippers: Explorer's Edition
    • Type: Explorer's Edition Setting and Plot Point Campaign
    • Description: An updated version of the original Rippers book.
    • Release Information: "Currently in the works" (Joel)

Weird Wars
  • Weird War Rome
    • Type: Graphic novel-sized format in full color softback or Limited Edition hardback
    • Description: "Weird Wars Rome is a setting and campaign book for adventures of violence and horror in the ancient world. It includes new rules for Spoils of War, Campaign Interludes, and Legacies that allow characters to pass down their deeds and treasures to future generations of their bloodline." (Kickstarter)
    • Release Information: PDF estimated delivery is September 2013, the print estimated delivery is December 2013 (Kickstarter)
  • Weird War I
    • Type: Unknown
    • Description: A Weird Wars version of World War 1
    • Release Information: "Weird War Rome and Weird War I are both in the production queue, though there is currently no date information attached to either project. Anyone who suggests they know a date for either of them is likely a liar, not me, or both. Mr. Green"(Joel)

Wendigo Tales
  • Weird War Rome
    • Type: eBooks
    • Description: A total of eight for Weird Wars. (Shane)
    • Release Information: Released every two weeks (Shane)
  • Necessary Evil
    • Type: eBooks
    • Description: The "second season" of tales to be released some time after the Weird Wars ones. Authors include Shane, Ed Stark (from TSR, West End Games, and WotC), Steve Long (Champions, HERO), and several other surprises (Shane)
    • Release Information: No further information

Last edited by Thunderforge on Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:43 pm; edited 38 times in total
Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quit. Surprised

Smile Not really, but jeez...
Stainless
Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What?! Has the Savage Worlds "My Little Pony" been cancelled?! #deadhorse
Timon
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I know why Joel tends to be under some circumstances perhaps a tiny bit cautious about possibly making a definite statement of some kind at a point in the future yet to be determined.

The Internet Never Forgets.... #1eek13
newForumNewName
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutter XXIII wrote:
I quit. Surprised

Smile Not really, but jeez...

Ain't you only responsible fer 'bout 10 o' dose tings? #1eek13
jpk
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timon wrote:
Now I know why Joel tends to be under some circumstances perhaps a tiny bit cautious about possibly making a definite statement of some kind at a point in the future yet to be determined.

Exactly! And a crowd that's thrilled to pop off with "but the rule in the second sentence of paragraph three in column two of the third printing on page so-and-so in the French edition clearly states" is more than happy to remind you of these things. The man's keepin' me down.

Cutter XXIII wrote:
I quit.
Not really, but jeez...

Don't forget, about four of those things are really pretty much off your plate right now and have moved on down the service line.

Stainless wrote:
What?! Has the Savage Worlds "My Little Pony" been cancelled?!

Licensing trouble. Cool
Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

newForumNewName wrote:
Ain't you only responsible fer 'bout 10 o' dose tings? #1eek13

Ten products is actually quite a few... when you want them all to be perfect! Smile

jpk wrote:
Don't forget, about four of those things are really pretty much off your plate right now and have moved on down the service line.

Where values for "pretty much off your plate" equal "at least one more detailed proof," I am not reassured. Smile

Anyway... no offense intended, folks. This just caught me on an already mega-stressed day. I will attempt to repurpose these feelings into mega-motivation. Arrow

Last edited by Cutter XXIII on Wed May 25, 2011 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
islan
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We love you! Give us cool stuff! We wont be angry! Razz
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Big List of Upcoming Pinnacle Products Reply with quote

Thunderforge wrote:
In some cases, I have used Pinnacle's or a Pinnacle Staffer's exact words for the descriptions of the products if they have provided a concrete description...

Winner: Funniest Post Statement.

Thunderforge wrote:
Of course, none of this information is guaranteed to be accurate...

Winner: Most Accurate Post Statement.

Thunderforge wrote:
...because delays happen and Joel gives obfuscated replies, please don't hold me or Pinnacle to the accuracy of any of these statements.

Winner: Most Likely To Be Ignored Post Statement.

Wink

[Clint reveling in his name not being linked to a single statement... and the pain meds. Laughing )

www.peginc.com
trav
Novice

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No mention of Pinebox/ETU!?!??!?

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!
JackMann
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, surely when they say "Maybe due out in the next year if we're really lucky and nothing catches fire," they really mean "Next week, for certain."
jpk
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutter XXIII wrote:
jpk wrote:

Where values for "pretty much off your plate" equal "at least one more detailed proof," I am not reassured. Smile

They're "opportunities," you know. Cool
Timon
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bunch of perfectionist rule and style wonks picking over a document which really has to go to production real soon....

<all together now> #1yelclap #1yelclap #1yelclap

what could possibly go wrong?

PS Strip off the dates and it is a list of awesome. Nuff said.
Thunderforge
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trav wrote:

The original plan was to post a list of EVERYTHING Savage coming, including third party stuff from 12 to Midnight, Triple Ace Games, Daring Entertainment, Reality Blurs, etc. After doing just the Pinnacle stuff, I decided to call it quits because I realized just how overwhelming that task would be!

Timon, I figured I'd keep the known release information on because we get a lot of topics asking when so and so is going to be released. I figured if somebody could read this, rather than posting yet another topic, it would mean the Pinnacle staffers get more time to work on the stuff instead of having to craft cryptic responses.

And I have to say, I love the Pinnacle staffers and their sense of humor! Very Happy Sorry to stress you out, but I think it just goes to show how excited we are about the work you're doing! (And yes, the internet never forgets. But hey, cryptic responses are much more fun!)
jpk
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thunderforge wrote:
And I have to say, I love the Pinnacle staffers and their sense of humor! Very Happy Sorry to stress you out, but I think it just goes to show how excited we are about the work you're doing! (And yes, the internet never forgets. But hey, cryptic responses are much more fun!)

No living man could type with such an accent unless he had read the yeasty scrolls. We must away and prepare!
JackMann
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Away? You cannot away, sir, not while the suchwise is up in the glimmerstorms, all fearly-wise with the tatterghasts. What of the skuldudgeons in their work?
Timon
Heroic

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to project manage creatives to produce marketing documentation. I know in my bones that there is no such thing as a last draft. Wink
Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thunderforge wrote:
trav wrote:

The original plan was to post a list of EVERYTHING Savage coming, including third party stuff from 12 to Midnight, Triple Ace Games, Daring Entertainment, Reality Blurs, etc. After doing just the Pinnacle stuff, I decided to call it quits because I realized just how overwhelming that task would be!

Understandable sentiment. However IIRC ETU is now being handled by Pinnacle.
Virgobrown72
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, If I can get the Savage Worlds Deluxe, I can wait for everything else with no problem...
Very Happy

Razz
kingofsouls
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez, I just got the explorers edition about a month ago and started teh campaign two a day a go! Does that mean I need to get this one?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Official Settings & Companions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: