Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(classic) Junker Ammo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Templar
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:43 pm    Post subject: (classic) Junker Ammo Reply with quote

Ok, I am just asking this one out of morbid curiosity. I know that junkers can do all kinds of things with ammo, I have the following questions and I hope I don't sound too silly.

1) Do you still add chemical components for making frangible or hollow point Railgun ammo or is there something else that should be done? (reason I ask is that normally railgun ammo needs to chemical components)

2) Is it possible to create ammo that is both armor piercing and frangible? (I am assuming no as they require different things but I might as well see if I'm wrong)

3) hypothetically, could a person make armor piercing 'spread' using junker rules, IE use the ammo rules for making ammo armor penetrating as well as spreading?

Thank you in advance.
Fuzyfeet
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: (classic) Junker Ammo Reply with quote

Templar wrote:
1) Do you still add chemical components for making frangible or hollow point Railgun ammo or is there something else that should be done? (reason I ask is that normally railgun ammo needs to chemical components)

It says that you need more chemicals to produce more power behind the round. Since there is no need for chemical propellant then the weapon needs to produce the extra power. I'd multiply the drain per shot by 1 for each 10% chemical the original ammo needed (like they say for AP rounds under Railguns).

Templar wrote:
2) Is it possible to create ammo that is both armor piercing and frangible? (I am assuming no as they require different things but I might as well see if I'm wrong)

Truth be, Junkers can do most anything, as the spirits let them bend/break the rules.

That said, frangible needs to shatter on impact, while AP needs to cut through its target. Now we do have missiles that don't explode until a second of so after it penetrates a wall, so why can't a Junker make a AP round that shreds after impact. You should come up with some kind of rational as to how it knows when to shred (be it a micro timer activated on impact or when shot, sensor power, etc.). Once you have your idea, figure out what it will add to the ammo (like some electrical components if it has a timer or the sensor power somehow triggers it, etc.). So end the end the ammo will need +10% to chemical and structural components (per AP level), plus another 10% tot eh chemical components, +2 to the TN to make then and what ever you come up with for the explanation (sensor power, extra electrical components, etc.).

Templar wrote:
3) hypothetically, could a person make armor piercing 'spread' using junker rules, IE use the ammo rules for making ammo armor penetrating as well as spreading?

If your asking for AP shotgun rounds, that's cool. Like I said above, Junkers can make/break the rules. You'll need to add all the 50% to the size and the 10% to chemical and structural components (per AP level).

Just my $0.02

My Deadlands sites
The Lynchburg Journal
The Junkyard Intranet
The Temptation Reportl
SpawnoChaos
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What would you recommend doing for a Junker that wants to create 'Dragons Breath' Shotgun shells?

I figured that by doubling the chemical components they could create shells that cause 'fire' damage.
Fuzyfeet
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go with the 'multiple projectiles' option and double the chemical for "Dragon Breath", but only double the chemical if your going for tracer rounds.

Just my $0.02

My Deadlands sites
The Lynchburg Journal
The Junkyard Intranet
The Temptation Reportl
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpawnoChaos wrote:
What would you recommend doing for a Junker that wants to create 'Dragons Breath' Shotgun shells?

Use the Projectors ammo.

Dragon's Breath shells turn your shotgun into a one-use flamethrower. To do so with little chance of wrecking the shotgun (you cannot fire a shotgun until you've cleaned it, after using one dragon's breath shell), and with multi-shot potential, is well within the powers of Junker magic. That would be the way to do it.
Fuzyfeet
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ValhallaGH wrote:
Use the Projectors ammo.

Only problem I have with using Projector is that there is no structural components, meaning it's just fuel, not a slug.

ValhallaGH wrote:
Dragon's Breath shells turn your shotgun into a one-use flamethrower. To do so with little chance of wrecking the shotgun (you cannot fire a shotgun until you've cleaned it, after using one dragon's breath shell)

That would make a great malfunction.

Just my $0.02

My Deadlands sites
The Lynchburg Journal
The Junkyard Intranet
The Temptation Reportl
Templar
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a somewhat related topic. for fangible and hollow point rounds, is the extra damage per die based on available die or base die.

IE if I have a 10d10 frangible slug (10d10+20) and it hits an AV6 target is it doing 3d4+6 or 3d4+20?
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuzyfeet wrote:
ValhallaGH wrote:
Use the Projectors ammo.

Only problem I have with using Projector is that there is no structural components, meaning it's just fuel, not a slug.

So add some. You're the Marshal: it's your job to change the rules as the game requires. Never fear doing your job.

Fuzyfeet wrote:
ValhallaGH wrote:
Dragon's Breath shells turn your shotgun into a one-use flamethrower. To do so with little chance of wrecking the shotgun (you cannot fire a shotgun until you've cleaned it, after using one dragon's breath shell)

That would make a great malfunction.

It would be a solid Minor malfunction. A good medium malfunction is something like "endless burning" that eventually consumes the shotgun. And a solid major malfunction is to slag the gun and maybe ignite the shooter. Though explosions are always fun, so I understand Marshals that just make things blow up.
Fuzyfeet
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Templar wrote:
On a somewhat related topic. for fangible and hollow point rounds, is the extra damage per die based on available die or base die.

IE if I have a 10d10 frangible slug (10d10+20) and it hits an AV6 target is it doing 3d4+6 or 3d4+20?

Wated West page 24 wrote:
If the round penetrates the armor, it loses its
damage bonus, doing normal bullet damage.

Just my $0.02

My Deadlands sites
The Lynchburg Journal
The Junkyard Intranet
The Temptation Reportl
Templar
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuzyfeet wrote:
Templar wrote:

Wated West page 24 wrote:
If the round penetrates the armor, it loses its
damage bonus, doing normal bullet damage.

ah, ok, I'm just an idiot then. Embarassed Thanks.
Fuzyfeet
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Templar wrote:
ah, ok, I'm just an idiot then. Embarassed Thanks.

Not an idiot, I had to look it up cuz I couldn't remember what it said either...

Just my $0.02

My Deadlands sites
The Lynchburg Journal
The Junkyard Intranet
The Temptation Reportl
Templar
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a new one now. Ok, if a player wants to build ammo that does damage and explodes (sorta like the 20mm for the MPSW) I am wondering if the explosive aspect is used normally or if I consider it the equivalent of a grenade, halving it since the bullet is doing the 'acceleration' aspect.

IE for ammo that does damage and then explodes is the explosive part standard with the update in iron oasis or is it halved as if it were a hand grenade or something similar.
rungok
Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has any character had a junker make arrows as an Ammo power item?

I was thinking of stuff like flashbang, HE, Driller arrows, long distance ones, etc.
Templar
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rungok wrote:
Has any character had a junker make arrows as an Ammo power item?

I was thinking of stuff like flashbang, HE, Driller arrows, long distance ones, etc.

Not yet, I have been considering the idea of making it so that either the arrow works like a railgun bullet though requiring an extra structural component. But we haven't tried to do much with it yet so it's still somewhat untested.
Fuzyfeet
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL you made me realize that back in the day I drew this Junker powered repeating crossbow (it is even the first image on the Junker's page on my site) and never did anything with it!

Ya I would agree with Templar's call on this one.

Just my $0.02

My Deadlands sites
The Lynchburg Journal
The Junkyard Intranet
The Temptation Reportl
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: