Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hucksters and manitous question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stonewolf
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:33 am    Post subject: Hucksters and manitous question Reply with quote

I'm saddling up a new posse, and my wife asked a question that has never come up before, so I am asking the greater Deadlands community at large...

Does a Huckster meet their manitou immediately upon learning Hoyles secrets, or does it happen the first time that they deal with the devil?
professor_q
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was under the impression that Hucksters deal with different Manitous every time they try to cast a hex.
Stonewolf
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

professor_q wrote:
I was under the impression that Hucksters deal with different Manitous every time they try to cast a hex.

Thank you for bringing this up...it was my unasked question!

Of course in my savage mind, if a different manitou is dealt with each time, I just have to modify a deck of cards with different manitou personalities Twisted Evil
wanderingmystic
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will chime in my 2 cents but this is just how I interpret it:
Once you learn the secrets of Hoyle you see your first Manitou and to me when ever you cast a spell you still inter into a game of chance its just that sine you are paying points to cast it you automatically beet the manitou. Now I have heard some people say that you always deal with the same manitou and they even go as far as to build a personality for him, but others say that you get a different one each time you cast. The huckster in the game i am running sees them as Loa, and summons the loa specific to the spell he is casting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: