Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about Deadlands and the Pious gift. [Classic]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WilyQuixote
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Question about Deadlands and the Pious gift. [Classic] Reply with quote

Alright Amigoes

I have a question concerning Pious, the Blessed gift found in Fire & Brimstone. It lowers the fear level by two levels within a zone around the Blessed based upon his faith. Thats all well and good but one of my questions is; does Pious deny a Marshal from collecting his bonus fate chips when the proper cards are drawn such as the one eyed jacks and suicide king? Does Pious also deny the Fearmonger its extra action card?

My thinking is that so long as the monsters are within the Blessed's zone of influence that the Marshal would not get chips for the said cards being drawn concerning those specific monsters. I don't think the Fearmonger would get its extra card if it was inside that zone as well.

Was there ever any errata on this? If it does work this way then this gift is far more powerful then I first gave it credit for. I don't have a problem with that at all but I had just never considered it until yesterday and wanted to make sure I'm not misinterpreting whats written.
RJack
Seasoned

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always interpreted it that pious does deny bonus chips and extra actions due to fear as in the pre-revised rules. Yes, this makes it a powerful gift.

I'm not actually sure if Pious would deny the extra chip per combat that the revised rules state. The revised rules don't specify a particular fearmonger for extra actions or fate chips due to special cards, it's just extra chips for the bad guys as a whole. This makes it hard to interpret whether it only affects enemies in the radius of Pious, or all enemies. The gifts in Fire and Brimstone predate the revised rules, so I guess it's not surprising that there's some ambiguity with how they work together.
WilyQuixote
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah thats my interpretation as well and I guess how I'll run it when it comes up. I've never seen the revised rules for the fear levels. How much different are they from the original (what I have) rules? The most "revised" rules for the fear levels and a deadland that I have is the HoE rulebook first printing.
RJack
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the revised rules changes can be found in the accumulated rules.

To wit:

Accumulated Rules wrote:

*) Fear Effects (19): We've made the bad guys a little more powerful and greatly reduced the job of the Marshal in tracking fear effects. From now on, the Marshal simply draws chips at the beginning of each fight in areas of high fear (Fear Levels 4-6). 1 Chip at Fear Level 4, 2 at 5, and 3 at 6.

I don't know where, if at all, this change was added into HoE.
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RJack wrote:
I don't know where, if at all, this change was added into HoE.

The revised rules automatically affect all three Deadlands settings (WW, HOE, LC).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: The Weird West All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: