Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cohesion and Units targeting Units

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Showdown
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zeke023
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: Cohesion and Units targeting Units Reply with quote

So I was playing a game where I kept shooting my opponent's figs and they kept getting shaken and falling out of cohesion. However, with ranged weapons that was not really a detriment. They just kept shooting at me as soon as they were able.

Am I reading this right? Once someone is out of cohesion, they simply must move back into cohesion, but they suffer no penalty for it?

Also, anyone develop any house rules for units targeting units, so whole units can roll at once?
John Goff
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it depends on how good your opponent was with his dice, I guess. Wink

First, while Shaken, a figure can only move have its Pace. Once it makes its roll to recover from Shaken, it's burned their action for the round...unless it got a raise on the Spirit roll. So--barring good rolls--that's a round lost right there (on top of those rounds where the figure was Shaken and couldn't do anything but hobble along).

Now, to move back into cohesion it has to use its full movement to get back into cohesion, which may impact use of certain Edges (like, say, Marksman). A figure out of cohesion doesn't have to run, so it can move and then shoot. While it's not explicitly stated in the rules, I'd say they must move first, then shoot.

In the rules, the primary purpose of cohesion is to maintain order for the players--not so much as an inhibitor for the units. Additionally, the game is supposed to play fairly quickly Fast! is the first of the three tagline adjectives. Wink Locking up figures' actions after they've already recovered from Shaken slows the play down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Showdown All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: