Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with vehicle rules

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JmOz01
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Help with vehicle rules Reply with quote

Ok,

So I have been running the plotpoint in slipstream, and the have reached the point where they are going to be trying to take over the prison ship. I have decided to use the normal vehicle rules (Instead of the chase rules) to represent the boarding action, however having never used them I would like some advice on handling them. Anything I can do to make it a easier and more enjoyable experience would be welcome.
Dylan S
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you mean you're using vehicle rules to represent the boarding action? Are the players in control of a space ship, and will a space battle ensue before they board the prison ship? Or will the encounter begin with their attempts at boarding, or having already boarded?

If the former, I would run it as a Chase until they've disabled the prison ship, then I would turn it into standard combat inside the landing bay of the hostile ship. If the latter, well, I don't see why vehicles would enter into that scenario at all.

How big are these ships? I'm guessing the Prison Ship is fairly large. Could you run ship-to-ship combat and player-to-player combat without losing all sense of scale on the mat?
More details, please!
JmOz01
Seasoned

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The players have a number of allied ships (would have to check with my notes but I think it was 10), vs a fleet with the prision ship in the center of them. I plan on having each player control one allied ship, while I control the evil fleet. Also involved in the fight will be the players personal ship, which will also be controled by one player. When they get through the support vessels it will return to normal play.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: