Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting Savage Worlds on store shelves...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Civil Savage
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:26 am    Post subject: Getting Savage Worlds on store shelves... Reply with quote

I've an acquaintance who owns a FLGS (mostly board games, starting to expand into RPGs) and has expressed willingness to add more Savage Worlds, but her supplier couldn't find the books for her.

What would you recommend be done to get more SW stock on her shelves?

Lone Star Savages
RooksGambit
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My FLGS who has been expanding RPG stock, also can't find a lot of SW stuff. Their distro found the Companions but couldn't find the core, Deadlands or any of the setting books.

Frustrating for them because we've been playing a lot of Savage Worlds in our twice-monthly meetup. And there's another group that does almost all SW weekly at the same spot.
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: Getting Savage Worlds on store shelves... Reply with quote

The Civil Savage wrote:
I've an acquaintance who owns a FLGS (mostly board games, starting to expand into RPGs) and has expressed willingness to add more Savage Worlds, but her supplier couldn't find the books for her.

What would you recommend be done to get more SW stock on her shelves?

Without specifics, it's hard to say. She wants to "add more Savage Worlds," so she already carries some, including the core rules presumably. Which means her distributor theoretically carries Pinnacle products.

If so, they should be able to find/get any Pinnacle books/products that are in print and available since they all come from the same source.

So that leaves licensee products, and I only know of one for sure available from the same source offhand, meaning the distribution of the others is a mystery to me personally. That's something to take up in the Licensee topic maybe.

One last thing though, you said "supplier," singular. There are two major RPG distributors in the US, and if she's only working with one, it might be worthwhile to contact the other. She likely knows them both, but if not, feel free to send me a PM.

www.peginc.com
PEGShane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There isn't a distributor that I know of who *doesn't* carry Savage Worlds--they may just keep selling out and not restocking as fast as they could.

Either way, have retailers who are having problems getting our stuff contact Jim Searcy with Studio2: jims@studio2publishing.com

He can sell to them direct OR work with their distributor to make sure they're getting whatever they want.

Thanks,

Shane
The Civil Savage
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Getting Savage Worlds on store shelves... Reply with quote

Clint wrote:
...so she already carries some, including the core rules presumably...

I wrote the post late at night, so I may have left out some of the finer details.

She's recently received the Weird Wars: Rome merchant bundle from Kickstarter, and that's the extent of her supply.

Previous to this, I'd called her store asking if they could obtain physical copies of Pinnacle products (SW Deluxe: Explorer's Edition, 50 Fathoms), and whoever she gets her stuff through just couldn't find them. *shrug*

PEGShane wrote:
Either way, have retailers who are having problems getting our stuff contact Jim Searcy with Studio2: jims@studio2publishing.com

I'll pass that info along and see how it pans out.

Thanks for being so prompt with responses! One of the biggest reasons I love this community. Very Happy

Lone Star Savages
Kristian Serrano
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had similar problems with a locally owned bookstore with whom I had store credit. All I really wanted to order from them was Savage Worlds books, and it was spotty which ones they were able to get. For example, I was able to get the first printing of the Fantasy Companion when it came out, but then I couldn't sell it back to them for store credit because they couldn't pull it up in their system when they scanned it. Then I just wanted them to order the second printing for me, and they couldn't find that either.

I can't even recall how many titles I went through with them before they could say, "Yes, we can order that," but in the end, I just used my credit to get stuff for my kids and a couple of volumes of The Walking Dead that I needed to catch up on. Strangely, if I wanted comics, they could get that easily enough. Just not RPG products, particularly Savage Worlds.

For what it's worth, my store credit came from selling off almost all of my collection of D&D v3.5 books to get some cash for Savage Worlds stuff. Wink
Raise Calculator
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the same problem I have been mentioning the last two years. I order stuff at my FLGS and they make orders and it takes up to 6 months to get in any savage worlds books if they get it. We think the suppler which i think is Alliance is only ordering when they get a certain number of orders
Iron Guardian
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately where I live, it's pretty much the opposite...all the flgs's are drastically reducing their rpg inventories and have been for some time. What rpg's they do carry are the usual -- D&D and Pathfinder -- plus a small amount of a few other rpg's. What does sell are the boardgames, card games, and mini's/clix stuff.

Sadly, it looks like online will be my "flgs" because of the above situation and a few other reasons. So for now, I will patiently await new product to become available where I can get it.
Maredudd
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones . . . The biggest FLGS in my area is, I have been told, owned by Studio 2 so has no problem getting any of the SW stuff . . .
Dragon Snack
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice if there was a list of Pinnacle (and third party) products, with their status (in print, out of print, upcoming, reprint coming, pdf only, etc), that retailers could check. Distributors have not exactly been forthcoming with a lot of Savage Worlds information and if I don't know if something is coming out, I won't know to check S2P...

Iron Guardian wrote:
Unfortunately where I live, it's pretty much the opposite...all the flgs's are drastically reducing their rpg inventories and have been for some time. What rpg's they do carry are the usual -- D&D and Pathfinder -- plus a small amount of a few other rpg's. What does sell are the boardgames, card games, and mini's/clix stuff.

Sadly, it looks like online will be my "flgs" because of the above situation and a few other reasons. So for now, I will patiently await new product to become available where I can get it.

Dragon Snack Games in Mt Morris carries a wide range of Savage Worlds products, I'm probably one of the biggest Savage Worlds retailer in the US. We were half an hour from you in Mt Morris, but after August 1st you will have to visit us in Buffalo (once we reopen) or catch us at SimCon.
tylermo
Heroic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A game store owned by Studio 2? That must be nice. Definitely no shortage of Savage Worlds products.
Gordon
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, too, like my fellow Civil Lone Star Savage, also am a denizen of a FLGS in north Texas. My local shop can get other, debatably smaller, but ENnie gold taker's RPG quite easily (not my favored level of crunch, to be honest), but next to nothing through his primary supplier (Alliance, I believe).

I'm really wanting to run a demo at Halloween (ish), but it's hard to justify when he can't sell the product I so want to demo. Please, please help get the national distributors some PegInc core stock at least.

Proud Member of the Lone Star Savages https://plus.google.com/communities/102746374078002591043
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gordon wrote:
I, too, like my fellow Civil Lone Star Savage, also am a denizen of a FLGS in north Texas. My local shop can get other, debatably smaller, but ENnie gold taker's RPG quite easily (not my favored level of crunch, to be honest), but next to nothing through his primary supplier (Alliance, I believe).

I'm really wanting to run a demo at Halloween (ish), but it's hard to justify when he can't sell the product I so want to demo. Please, please help get the national distributors some PegInc core stock at least.

As Shane mentioned above, there's really no reason on our end we know of for any national distributor not to have our books. If there's something we're unaware of, the contact info he gave would cover it.

www.peginc.com
Gordon
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Clint -- I'll pass that along. You guys are *awesome*

Proud Member of the Lone Star Savages https://plus.google.com/communities/102746374078002591043
grendal1
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried to order the "core book" from my new FLSG and they stated it's out of print?
"We can't get the core Book right now and our inventory team says they may be working on a new edition so we aren't sure of the time frame."

this store is very reliable and would have no reason not to get the game if I asked for it.
(they have SWEX deluxe in stock at another store so I can still grab a copy.)
Gordon
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SW:D Hardback has been OOP for quite some time, right now only the SW:D EE is available Smile

marshal kt
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know 'alliance', who is the gaming end of 'diamond' comic distributing, has Savage Worlds. That's who the FLGS gets it from.
Snate56
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure but maybe they're reluctant to getting the new ones until they get rid of the old ones?

SteveN
Gordon
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got my SW:D EE from my FLGS -- took them 4 weeks to get it in stock from Alliance. It all worked out as my biweekly game with some old friends started the day after they came in. It's still annoying that my FLGS can't get them in quickly.

marshal kt
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a matter of how often, and how much, they order from Alliance. My FLGS orders usually take a week to get filled, and they use Alliance also.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Hey Pinnacle! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: