Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pyskers and helmets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Templar
Seasoned

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: Pyskers and helmets Reply with quote

I was looking through waste warriors and it mentioned helmets messing up Psykers ability to channel. I couldn't find anything actually explaining it in the book or in brainburners. I might have missed it though, any help/clarification would be appreciated.
Demon
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just going from memory I am pretty sure that a syker can't use their abilities at all with a helmet on unless it is one of the special sykoactive helmets that I believe are made from ghost steel or something like that.
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is covered in the core book.

Essentially, the Syker needs a clear forehead to use any powers, otherwise it feedbacks on them and fries their own brains. So, when you take a Syker prisoner you just have to tie a hat onto their head to keep them from blastin' every-damn-thin'.
Sykoactive helmets are the only exception due to a special design (that isn't completely flawless).
ScooterinAB
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just flipping through the rulebook, and couldn't find mention of this. Can someone point out a page number?
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScooterinAB wrote:
I was just flipping through the rulebook, and couldn't find mention of this. Can someone point out a page number?

Apparently I was going off of our house rules. The relevant text is in the Brain Blast power. "Brain blast is a tremendous beam of energy that streams like a laser from the sykerís head to the target."
Because it goes from the syker's head, that means that it passes through any head coverings he has. In the case of a regular helmet, this adds 2 levels of armor to the target, and puts a hole in the syker's own headgear.

Other powers suffer from similar limitations, varying by the effect. The other thing to remember is that looking dangerous can be an important survival trait, and sykers are known to be dangerous. Walking around bald and looking like a syker can do a lot to make life easier and more peaceful for yourself.
Templar
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, it looks great, but it also means you're saying "please pop my head" What I mean is that in the waste warriors book it mentioned that syker helmets were needed because normal ones interfered. Yet the psyker one was dangerous. Just trying to find the interference rules.
L3ster
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Normal helmet doesn't interfere with syker powers only blast powers like brain blast, arson, cos they come from head. mind rider and other powers are unaffected by metal helmet.
Templar
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

L3ster wrote:
Normal helmet doesn't interfere with syker powers only blast powers like brain blast, arson, cos they come from head. mind rider and other powers are unaffected by metal helmet.

I am probably going to rule it that way, it just bugs me that they say that it interefered with other powers, especially brainblast, but no real data to offer on it. But yeah, might just say it only affects blasting oriented stuff.
ScooterinAB
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupid question, but don't all Syker powers "come from the head"?
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ScooterinAB wrote:
Stupid question, but don't all Syker powers "come from the head"?

... Not all, but most. Which means anything on the Syker's head adds to the armor protecting the target.
L3ster
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes all powers come from head but they aren't DnD wizards who can't use armor for meat puppet power head gear doesn't interfere.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: