Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Are You Running/Playing?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:11 am    Post subject: What Are You Running/Playing? Reply with quote

What Savage Worlds games are you currently running or playing in? Tell us a bit about them, be they official, licensed, or homebrew.

I just finished running a 25-episode (!!) playtest for Deadlands. The whole thing was sliding toward disaster, and the Fear Level reached 5. In the end, the heroes pulled out all the stops and snatched victory from the jaws of defeat (despite there being about 12 ways their plan could have gone awry). Amazing finale, and we should have a snazzy new product coming out of it to boot. Smile

Next, I'm planning to run the boxed Chaosium campaign Spawn of Azathoth, using Realms of Cthulhu. I'll have a bit of converting to do, but I'm looking forward to that. It's one of my all-time favorites, but I've never run it past the opening chapter. Pretty psyched!

So, what's Savage in your neck of the woods right now?
kaltorak
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ended running a Hellfrost campaign (9 months long) in April.

Then played in a homebrew Weird Wars adventure trilogy.

Currently playing in a Pirates of The Spanish Main campaign (just started: only two sessions).
amerigoV
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expedition to Castle Ravenloft. Mmmmm, tasty.
Cutter XXIII
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kaltorak wrote:
Currently playing in a Pirates of The Spanish Main campaign (just started: only two sessions).

Awesome! What sorts of booty are ye piratin' so far?

amerigoV wrote:
Expedition to Castle Ravenloft. Mmmmm, tasty.

Sweet. Some of my best gaming memories ever are Ravenloft-centric. What an evil place. Twisted Evil
Jordan Peacock
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently:
A "Savage Ghostbusters" campaign, high on the wacky factor, though the PCs have collected most of the macguffins (or "plot coupons" as my wife calls them) and are destined for the final showdown against the Big Bad. Crossing streams may or may not be involved.

Next:
It's August, so time for me to do a few one-shots as playtests for the scenarios I'll be springing on people at Necronomicon (convention in October). One of them will be a "War of the Dead" scenario, which might springboard into doing a full-blown WotD campaign with my regular group, provided the players are enthusiastic about it.

I still hope to find time to write up some of the scenarios I did last year (especially the "Carnival of Madness" - 1920s horror scenario; PCs are performers, roustabouts, etc., in a traveling circus; that was a lot of fun, and played very differently each time).

After That:
I'm planning on starting up a "Wonderland No More" campaign, though deviating significantly from the "core" plot campaign, with more of a Victorian horror twist. I have some minis and scenery and handout projects that have been in the works for a while, though they keep getting pushed back because of various short-deadline projects that pop up. (Only so much time in the day, after all.)
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently running two Savage Worlds games.

For my library-teens game, we're still plugging away hard at Warlords of Aros our homebrew Sword and Sorcery meets Rome meets Barsoom setting. Some of the kids have reached legendary status, which is great. They love it. We're really pushing to get this one wrapped by next summer. So much so we gave the kids a road map to finish the campaign. A roadmap they promptly detoured off. At this rate, the apocalypse is going to occur and no one will be there. Still, everyone is having a great time. Monday had 15 kids at the table.

When was the last time you ran SW for 15 players? Surprised #1drooling3

For our regular Friday night crew, I'm running Solomon Kane. We're presently finishing up the Von Gottlieb Horror before the PCs head off to Stuttgart to deal with some family issues. I had been working on a big city adventure for them to wrangle with, but since my wife and I are expecting in September, I may fast track them to the Devil's Mistress so that we can wrap the Old World leg of the plot point before going on hiatus for awhile. Cleaning up the rest of Europe will have to wait until my wife and I get more than 2 hours of sleep at a time. Wink

Oh, and last weekend, while in Lubbock for my wife's high school reunion, I introduced the regular DnD group to SW with some stunning success. I've received word that Slipstream has been ordered and a game is being planned.

So that's what we're doing here.

Tom
Skunkape
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only SW that I'm running is using the Deadlands Reloaded rules with a campaign world that of my creation, inspired by both the Deadlands Reloaded world and from an episode of Dragon's Landing podcast.

Got a website for the campaign and so far I've been keeping up with each adventure that the players have been on. Deadwood Deacon is the campaign name and the link to the site is in my sig.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
philth
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lately Necessary Evil has been our game. I've been stringing together alot of the Savage tales located in and around Southpoint to start. We are currently doing the Hydrobase mission which ties in nicely with one of the players origin stories. After that I'm going to jump into the Plot Point at episode 3.

This week, however, I got the chance to introduce someone new to SW. He said he'd prefer to try fantasy, and as my regular crew wasn't together, we played some of the Noble Deceit module. Success, he called me yesterday looking to buy the box set, another convert.

Besides that I have a Fantasy Grounds group that meets pretty regularly. There we do a rotating GM thing with whoever is the GM picking the system/adventure. We just played a one shot Call of Cthulhu adventure and might be doing some Daring Tales of the Space Lanes next.
Tavis
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got three Savage Worlds games on the go at the moment ...

An Evernight game that is somewhat on Hiatus, awaiting the availability of one particular player to make up the full party of 8. We're waiting to get everyone as the whole campaign is coming to an end now, and no-one want's to be 'missing out on the big bad'.

A Rippers game that was originally being run in the 'off weeks' of the Evernight game, and has now become the 'regular' Saturday night game. Information about that game can be found here for those that want to have a read. Feel free to comment on the talk pages and such if you're so inclined.

And, started last night, a Mid-Week Slipstream game with just a couple of players. One of whom created a race that are scared of cats (and by extension Lion Men). Finished the first plot point, and that particular character is aghast at the idea of having to go to Simba or insult a whole pride of Lion Men ... she's not sure which is worse ...

SWD: 50 Fathoms (GM)
Seeker of Truth
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm about to start running The Flood for my new group (just moved to Boston). They're all new to Savage Worlds, and a couple of them are fairly inexperienced gamers, but I've had the most fun with games like that before. I'm really looking forward to hitting the trails.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mac40k
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently running War of the Dead for two different groups, but in one of them I alternate GM duties with Mask_of_Winter who has been running Deadlands Reloaded, so I'm playing that when I'm not running.
BryanH
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am running 50 Fathoms for a group that started as a D&D 4E group. We are all having a blast. They have only the barest hints of the larger campaign story yet, but they are having such a good time just sailing around and fighting pirates and trading cargo. After years of running heavily scripted, tightly plotted fantasy adventures, it is fun for me to just roll with what they choose and use the random encounter tables and such to just run the whole thing on the fly. Plus we just got a load of WizKids Pirates mini-ships for running sea battles, and those are just so cool.

I also have been running one shots at local game days, and soon I wlll be running the epic adventure The 8th Dwarf in Savage Worlds form at Pacificon. It started as a 4E game, which went very well, but attracted a lot of new players. I think SW is easier for new players to understand, so I've been converting everything over. I've been posting the conversions here: http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28084

Fortunately, I recently found more savages in my area, so I've actually had the chance to start up a Savage Suzerain: Noir Knights character and play in a demo one shot of Caledon Falls.

Good times!
kreider204
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running some good old-fashioned dungeon crawls set in the old Greyhawk. It's just with one player, a childhood D&D pal.
cpk666
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing:
Shaintar
Savage Amber

Running:
Wushu & Wizards (think Big Trouble in Little China)

"Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass."--Cordelia Chase
amerigoV
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kreider204 wrote:
I'm running some good old-fashioned dungeon crawls set in the old Greyhawk. It's just with one player, a childhood D&D pal.

There has been a thread on ENWorld about Greyhawk - between that and looking through Expedition to Castle Greyhawk, I have some very Olde Schoole thoughts these days.
Cryonic
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amerigoV wrote:
kreider204 wrote:

There has been a thread on ENWorld about Greyhawk - between that and looking through Expedition to Castle Greyhawk, I have some very Olde Schoole thoughts these days.

Talk about old school... we're doing The Temple of Elemental Evil starting with the very first module in the town of Hommlet... We're doing it as a 2nd Ed game though, not a conversion to another system.
Vinzent
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Necessary Evil and The League of Extra-Ordinarily Dangerous People

The League game is like Rippers, but I didn't own Rippers at the time I started running it.
Asvald
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running the same home-made Deadlands: Reloaded campaign for about 2 years now.
Planning to close it soon so we can start 'The Flood'.

Last edited by Asvald on Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:21 am; edited 2 times in total
AcesHigh
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellfrost ongoing campaign (6 months-ish now).

War of the Deador Rippers next, hopefully just in time for Halloween.
Longhorn
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running a Deadlands: Reloaded home made story that is morphing into Coffin Rock, then jumping headfirst into the DLClassic Dead Presidents (once I convert it).

Keep the dice rolling.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: