Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Deadlands, Mars, Cthulhu, Rippers, Space:1889 campaign...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DATI
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:06 am    Post subject: My Deadlands, Mars, Cthulhu, Rippers, Space:1889 campaign... Reply with quote

Those five games are all set in roughly the same time frame (assuming the Gaslight option in "Realms of Cthulhu"). With Cthulhu as my witness, I swear I will make this work as a campaign, but I need suggestions.
Granthar
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You trying to play all of them? Or a merge of the ... five?

Im a bit confused as to what you aer asking suggestions about?
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh-boy-oh-boy-oh, can I join?
DATI
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Granthar wrote:
You trying to play all of them? Or a merge of the ... five?

Im a bit confused as to what you aer asking suggestions about?

A merger.

First Draft: not that long after the Reckoning happens in the America, the nascent Rippers of Europe (still several separate organizations) notices this new, massive threat and quickly bands together to fight a massive, world-wide, increase in the paranormal threat to humanity. Meanwhile, Thomas Edison's experiments in Ether technology get a sudden boost thanks to... hints... he gets from Beyond. However, when the Edison expedition arrives on Mars, they find a war-torn mixture of the Mars of Space:1889, the Edgar Rice Burroughs Mars, and the H.G. Wells Mars. In the years afterward, as the Great Powers of Earth flood into space to exploit these new frontiers, the Rippers (augmented by those strangely talented men and women emanating from the Weird West) discover that the Martian agents of horrible ancient creatures -- some describe them as Old Gods -- have already deeply corrupted Mars and now plan to do the same to Earth.

Can your players stop this horrifying plot?
Granthar
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a cool idea, but far too much going on for me to cope with.
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Granthar wrote:

It's very busy indeed. A major GMing challenge would be to bring in the flavor of the different game backgrounds without getting too side-tracked.
Granthar
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DATI wrote:
Granthar wrote:

It's very busy indeed. A major GMing challenge would be to bring in the flavor of the different game backgrounds without getting too side-tracked.

Indeed. i think you would need a flo chart just to keep track of how many loose ends you had, almost like spinning plates.
Heroic

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't get any crazy ideas Granthar ... I already have as many loose plot ends as I want to have to deal with ... though I DO have Deadlands: Reloaded if you ever go to the states ...

And I have MARS and Space:1889 ...

But I've not got Realms of Cthulhu ... yet ...

SWD: 50 Fathoms (GM)
Granthar
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tavis wrote:
But I've not got Realms of Cthulhu ... yet ...

/scared Crying or Very sad
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree, it is quite a bit to digest. And this is coming from someone that would kitbash anything.

My suggestion? Oh, it hurts to say this. It really does hurt. I loves me some Deadlands, but I would ditch that.

It has it's own cosmology, and it's own way of doing things. And it sticks out like a sore thumb when you try to combine all the ABs.

Mars, and Rippers both have psionics rules. Rippers gives you magic, and Space 1889 gives you a wrinkle in Invention.

Just my 2 centavos. I mean, Deadlands is so awesome it needs it's own space travel based game.
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds very cool =) I've got similar ideas for some distant day in future, when I finish some of my earlier campaign plans, although I haven't thought of that complex grand plot. I thought more episodic approach, where some sessions give little or no advance on main plot. And I thought of adding Nazis and Gestapo telepath force to the mixup, a bit Babylon 5 -like setup (Gestapo = Psi corps, British have their own telepath division of Scotland Yard who's resisting them).
Poor Wandering One
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skylion wrote:

I mean, Deadlands is so awesome it needs it's own space travel based game.

Just pulling out this comment so it doesn't get "lost".
Just in case the powers the happen by to get the skinny on what the fans are thinging about.

~will Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW General Chat & Game Stories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: