Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SW:Star Wars ? about creation edges

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trickstur
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:57 pm    Post subject: SW:Star Wars ? about creation edges Reply with quote

Hi there.
I'm making a conversion for Star Wars, and am currently working on the species. One of the species called the Togruta have montrals which give them ultrasonic location.

Montral wookiepedia entry:
Quote:
"Montral was a word used by the Togruta to refer to the hollow horns atop their heads. The Togruta possessed a form of passive echolocation by means of their hollow montrals which allowed them to sense the proximity and movement of physical objects around them. They seemed to be related to the Twi'lek lekku."

The Togruta description can be found here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Togruta

I have been trying to figure out how to most accurately describe this in their basic profile. I'm thinking possibly either a +2 to notice of some sort (maybe +2 to notice movement within certain amount of area?), or racial ability of using Darksight. I've looked for echolocation in the Sci-fi Bestiary toolkit and the fantasy bestiary, fantasy companion, and the core rules book, but didn't see it.

Would love any feedback. Thanks!
Trickstur
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:41 am    Post subject: One More... Regeneration Reply with quote

How would I do long term regeneration, and what would it be worth on the species creation list? The Trandoshan's can regenerate limbs after a certain period of time.

Thanks!
Theorel
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, in the Star Wars universe I would give the Trandoshan long-term regeneration at no-cost. I mean, availability of bionics seems to make it a non-issue.

For the echolocation, I think I'd go with 2" darksight, always on(probably at +2). If they have extra points left over, give them the bonus to notice.
77IM
Heroic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Trandoshan's long-term healing: any permanent injuries they roll instead become long-term injuries that are healed when all Wounds are healed. This is worth at most a +1 since it won't come up often. I'd throw in Slow Regeneration and call the whole thing a +2 or so.

-- 77IM
Lysander
Seasoned

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's not fancy, but I would think Alertness best fits, perhaps call the racial ability 'Proximity' and perhaps let it stack if the player buys the Alertness edge for a total +4.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: