Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Multiple Personalities, Multiple ABs and Silent Bobs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EddieTheThird
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:59 pm    Post subject: Multiple Personalities, Multiple ABs and Silent Bobs. Reply with quote

Three questions.

First: If I wanted to make Wild with with a double mind and two different mental scores, would this be covered by the core rules? surely the wild will start with only one personality active at a time, and with later edges gaining the ability to bring both minds together for a limited time. But does the rules allow for this sort of wildness?

Second question: Lets say I was building a character with both a psy-mind and the magical knack. I know it's possible to just call it as flavor and go with one or the other, but what if I wanted to take both the full benefits of the powers and the full drawbacks. Is there a way a wild can take two Arcane Backgrounds?

Third question: What kind of hindrance, if any, is mutism? I could see the inability to speak being classed into two kinds; psychological and physical based. How would you rank these?
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Multiple Personalities, Multiple ABs and Silent Bobs. Reply with quote

EddieTheThird wrote:
First: If I wanted to make Wild with with a double mind and two different mental scores, would this be covered by the core rules? surely the wild will start with only one personality active at a time, and with later edges gaining the ability to bring both minds together for a limited time. But does the rules allow for this sort of wildness?

No, there is nothing in the core rulebook that covers that kind of character; it would require the GM creating setting rules or perhaps finding a Setting Book that had such an option.

EddieTheThird wrote:
Second question: Lets say I was building a character with both a psy-mind and the magical knack. I know it's possible to just call it as flavor and go with one or the other, but what if I wanted to take both the full benefits of the powers and the full drawbacks. Is there a way a wild can take two Arcane Backgrounds?

Not by the core rules. As the rules say a character cannot take the same Edge twice unless the Edge specifically states it is allowed. Arcane Background is a single Edge (regardless of the type taken) and does not allow taking it repeatedly.

EddieTheThird wrote:
Third question: What kind of hindrance, if any, is mutism? I could see the inability to speak being classed into two kinds; psychological and physical based. How would you rank these?

Sorry, since there is no such Hindrance in the core rulebook, there's no "official" answer as to how it would work. I'd suggest taking it to General Chat for discussion.

Hope that helps.

www.peginc.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: