Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH Hell on Earth... Why are you not here?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calabim
Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calabim wrote:
What about things like printing cost?

This has nothing to do with the internal matter I discussed with Joel.
Calabim wrote:
Won't this product line take up some of those resources and by extension effect when and what is released for HOE Reloaded?

This also has nothing to do with said internal matter but is asking for an elaboration on why D:N will not effect HOE considering things like printing cost and other resource that haven't been discussed.
Calabim wrote:
Also you mentioned that these projects are at different stages of production. Can you elaborate on what those stages are?

This also has nothing to do with the internal matter but is asking what stages of production a product has to go through before it hits the store shelf. I don't work in publishing so I'm sure I'm not the only one curious.
Calabim wrote:
At what stage did HOE Reloaded become bogged down?

This seems to be the question you are referring to and to this question your answer was apt.
newForumNewName
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calabim wrote:
Calabim wrote:
What about things like printing cost?

This has nothing to do with the internal matter I discussed with Joel.

You don't think that business practices involving finance are an internal matter?
Calabim wrote:
Calabim wrote:
Won't this product line take up some of those resources and by extension effect when and what is released for HOE Reloaded?

This also has nothing to do with said internal matter but is asking for an elaboration on why D:N will not effect HOE considering things like printing cost and other resource that haven't been discussed.

This seems like you're asking about internal organization of Pinnacle, which they have repeatedly stated they will not discuss.
Calabim wrote:
Calabim wrote:
Also you mentioned that these projects are at different stages of production. Can you elaborate on what those stages are?

This also has nothing to do with the internal matter but is asking what stages of production a product has to go through before it hits the store shelf. I don't work in publishing so I'm sure I'm not the only one curious.

Again, this seems like you're asking about Pinnacle's internal organization, which, again, this is something that Pinnacle has repeatedly stated they will not discuss.

Just sayin...

"While nFNN could be less of a jerk about how he says what he says, what he says is essentially correct." -- ValhallaGH
Calabim
Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Representatives of the company made claims that D:N would not effect HOE. Because they have made these claims it does not breach any ethics to ask for elaboration. I have been asked not to broach the subject of why HOE has been delayed and this criticism of my post I acknowledged was apt.
Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calabim wrote:
What about things like printing cost? I'm sure that you guys can only afford to print so many titles a year. Won't this product line take up some of those resources and by extension effect when and what is released for HOE Reloaded? Also you mentioned that these projects are at different stages of production. Can you elaborate on what those stages are?

Honestly, I figured the answer to this was pretty obvious and can be answered with one word... Kickstarter.

Deadlands Noir's cost is already covered by the Kickstarter. That's kind of how Kickstarter works.

Another way KS works is to determine if there is interest in a project before committing to production of it. That was in fact one of our main goals. They key point there being "before committing to production."

So Deadlands Noir is only in the most beginning stages of full production; heck, you can count the number of days since it was begun on the Kickstarter page. That means only now is John working on the first draft, much less being at a final manuscript or even prepared to order art, maps, whatever, for the book.

HOE is well past that. But no, I won't say where it is because that just leads to presumptions, assumptions, and misunderstandings all around with the possibility of feeding into those internal issues that will not be discussed.

So finally, DLN will not affect HOE's release date in any way, through cost or production.

www.peginc.com
jpk
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wondering what the general stages of production are is fine and dandy. Honestly, I'm pretty sure I've answered that a few times around the forums. If you've got any search-fu, you can probably pull that up far faster than I can retype it, but let me know if you can't find it.

And for those of you who were wondering, the best way to deliver pies is at a convention. For the near future, Clint and I will be at Forge Con, ConCarolinas, and FandomFest. Catch Shane and Mike and Steve at Origins.

While I can't speak for everyone, I do consider a pie in the face assault and will press charges. Just sayin'. Wink
newForumNewName
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpk wrote:
I do consider a pie in the face assault and will press charges. Just sayin'. Wink

What about a pie to the crotch? Still assault? Or is that just plain funny?

"While nFNN could be less of a jerk about how he says what he says, what he says is essentially correct." -- ValhallaGH
jpk
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newForumNewName wrote:
jpk wrote:
I do consider a pie in the face assault and will press charges. Just sayin'. Wink

What about a pie to the crotch? Still assault? Or is that just plain funny?

Kudos for originality. I'd honestly never considered that, and I've been knifed, staple-gunned, and marginally set on fire by my own family! (Wait, that sounds bad when I say it like that.)

If it could produce a stain or a bruise (even it's just from scaring me enough to wet myself or spasm), I'd consider it assault. Whether any DA would agree with me is another matter entirely.

My. We've wandered pretty darn far afield, haven't we? Surprised
ValhallaGH
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpk wrote:
My. We've wandered pretty darn far afield, haven't we? Surprised

No, I'm pretty sure all of those situations have come up in one or another of the Hell On Earth games I've been in. Sounds like we're still basically on topic.
jpk
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the cut of your giblets. Mr. Green
newForumNewName
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpk wrote:
If it could produce a stain or a bruise (even it's just from scaring me enough to wet myself or spasm), I'd consider it assault. Whether any DA would agree with me is another matter entirely.

Got it. Color coordinate a soft pie (like cream or meringue) with your outfit and hit you in the tummy where it won't leave a mark.

Clint
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newForumNewName wrote:
jpk wrote:

Got it. Color coordinate a soft pie (like cream or meringue) with your outfit and hit you in the tummy where it won't leave a mark.

I am so glad I will be at the same cons as Joel to see this!

www.peginc.com
Calabim
Novice

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clint thanks. That was just what I was looking for. To be honest I don't know how Kickstarter works as I don't frequent the site. I was under the impression, through hear say only, that the Kickstarter money was only pledged and not yet in the company's pocket.

jpk I tried a couple of searches using "stages of production" and "process of production" but found very little help. Any chance I could get a good search criteria as a jumping off point?
newForumNewName
Heroic

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clint wrote:
newForumNewName wrote:
jpk wrote:

I am so glad I will be at the same cons as Joel to see this!

Unless I suddenly inherit a boatload of money, I won't be traveling any time soon. So get Joel to Denver for TactiCon Twisted Evil

EDIT: And this time, you'll get to meet me cause I'll be the guy hitting Joel with a pie #1eek13

Darq666
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calabim wrote:
Clint thanks. That was just what I was looking for. To be honest I don't know how Kickstarter works as I don't frequent the site. I was under the impression, through hear say only, that the Kickstarter money was only pledged and not yet in the company's pocket.

jpk I tried a couple of searches using "stages of production" and "process of production" but found very little help. Any chance I could get a good search criteria as a jumping off point?

The way it works is the people pledge and set up the payment (through an Amazon PayPal type thing). When the funding date arives, if the first goal has been met, the investors are all charged and the principal gets the money. If the original goal isn't met, they are not charged.
jpk
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Could" is the operative word. Even color-coordinated pies contains stain-causing fats, and I have tender, tender flesh. And there's always the best-forgotten "scare me enough to wet myself" risk. I startle poorly (and sometimes aggressively, so the risk is yours, really).

Actually, some friends of mine and I have summed up the guide to general good behavior with "No stain, no wet spots." When you realize that bruises are, in very real ways, both a stain and a wet spot (just internally), you'd be surprised how good a guide for living that becomes.

You know, this is a lot more discussion of this topic than I ever really expected to have...
jpk
Legendary

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calabim wrote:

My search-fu is actually abysmal. I'll drum up a new general overview (or find one of the prior ones) and get it out here somewhere, but it might not be really quickly.
slugsabi
Seasoned

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my word.

Pie should never be used in such a manner, pie is good, pie is tasty and pie is sacred and the tool of a feeder. Forsooth, you should take care to formulate the perfect pie to satisfy the wants of the intended consumer of such so that they are sated, content and... malleable.

nFNN, I call you defiler of the Pie, heritic of the crust and despoiler of the filling. So say I, Sluggie, Pie Master, Grandmaster of the Pot Belly and Licker of the Gravyboat.

((yes, been a long day and rather hot in the UK ergo ones randomness))
vaganardi
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may want to google gravyboat at home (not work) sometime.

I do agree about pie. Pie is proof that there is a god and she wants us to be happy. (Or is that bacon?)
fanchergw
Heroic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vaganardi wrote:
I do agree about pie. Pie is proof that there is a god and she wants us to be happy. (Or is that bacon?)

Pie is Mother. Bacon is Father. Go forth and be happy. Mr. Green

Gordon
Sitting Duck
Legendary

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." (Benjamin Franklin I believe). Related is that coffee is proof that God understands us and wants us to be productive. This may also mean that non-alcoholic beer and decaffinated coffee are tools of the Devil. Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: