Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HOE background questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: HOE background questions Reply with quote

I played HOE for a few months and read through a lot of the books but it was a few years ago Iím working on something set in 1955 of the dead lands world

What were the Name, Year of operation and location of the lady who created the witches cookbook. Iím wondering if she can be a home economics teacher in 1955

What was the source of Solomon Grundy Syndrome, was it radiation? If I had a game set right after Weird War 2 could a child born near a nuclear test area get Solomon Grundy Syndrome

The same goes for the Purple and Green robed nuclear magic cults

Were two of the biggest Road Gange the Road Kings and Road Queens
ScooterinAB
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Witches: I don't have the book on hand, but I think it's covered in the No Man's Land section of the Wasted West sourcebook. I want to say first or second page of that section.

Solomon Grundy: I believe this is a product of the Apocalypse, and probably wouldn't exist in the 50's. Same thing with the Rad cults. The conditions just weren't in place yet.

Road Gangs: Not sure myself.

Hope that helps.
Solostarian
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Witches, Muties and Bangers Oh My Reply with quote

I don't really have anything to say about the witches. This was sadly almost pure filler for HoE. So I can't say anything on that subject really, however. When it comes to the Grundy thing, in the 50's they existed only in the sense that it was a non-supernatural disorder. The thing is that ghost rock is the real cause of these post apocalypse mutations. The irradiated ghost rock caused damage to the physical world and the hunting grounds as well. This supernatural radiation as it was is what allowed the HoE muties to come into existence. Although I could see that you would be able to come up with all sorts of ways to get around this. It is Dead lands after all and there are enough loopholes in this universe from the heroes and the Reconners that it looks more like Swiss cheese.

Cool
Fuzyfeet
Seasoned

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: HOE background questions Reply with quote

VonDan wrote:
I played HOE for a few months and read through a lot of the books but it was a few years ago Iím working on something set in 1955 of the dead lands world

Rock on I love using the Deadlands setting in times and places other than the cannon stuff (like my current Rippers game).

VonDan wrote:
What were the Name, Year of operation and location of the lady who created the witches cookbook. Iím wondering if she can be a home economics teacher in 1955

Well, Mina Devlin was the lady that "started" it all. The best info on her is from the Black Circle book for the Weird West, but in 1955 the one with all the power would have been her dependent, Annabelle Lee Devlin. According to Wasted West she rekindled the covens in the 1960s, so I don't see any reason she couldn't have been a home-econ teacher.

VonDan wrote:
What was the source of Solomon Grundy Syndrome, was it radiation? If I had a game set right after Weird War 2 could a child born near a nuclear test area get Solomon Grundy Syndrome

Grundies where first encountered after the bombs dropped in Vegas, and only come from there.
Spoiler:They where created by a twisted Doctor working for Silas in Vegas. For all the low-down read page 74 of Sin City.
That said, many people love to take the experimentation of the time of WWII a step further. You could take the Edge Super Soldier (Weird West page 16) idea and run with that. What ever twisted genetic freak they made may have created could be the fore-runner of what ended up becoming the Grundies after the bombs.

VonDan wrote:
The same goes for the Purple and Green robed nuclear magic cults

Ah yes, my favorite wak-a-dos are a product of Silas' twisted mind and get their power from the result of the spiritual-radiation released during the Apocalypse.

VonDan wrote:
Were two of the biggest Road Gange the Road Kings and Road Queens

Yes and no. The all female biker gang in the Great Basin area is called The Queens of the Road. The others I think you asking about are the Omega Knights, also from the Great Basin, lead by Lancelot.

Just my $0.02

My Deadlands sites
The Lynchburg Journal
The Junkyard Intranet
The Temptation Reportl
VonDan
Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rippers could blend in to this idea of mine but it is only for Powers people are born with so no Ripper tech for the PC

I only looked in the HOE book for 3 min 3 years ago I cant forget the withes because the art of the witch in the plaid skirt has the same belt I make for santa, pirates and scotsmen

I thought it would be cute ithat since the one who started the witches was modeled after the 1950's TV moms and had a cook book she was a cooking teacher

With grundies we could go on the ASSumption that kids who's parents lived near Ghost rock bomb test areas (and Deadlands/weird war Hiroshima) could have the syndrom. Then Arcane High Can play a football game against Granny Grundy's Pre School

I often say this describe people "The correct medial term is wack-a-dooles

Going for the same thing for adult infected with Ghost rock radiation on an individual basis before HOE they could have the same powers but not the cult

I was almost right but I think my HOE PC had an aunt who was leader of the Queens of the Road she was the road queen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: