Username:    Password:      Remember me       
Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Discussion Forum for PEG/GWG

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

(d20 HoE) Confusion about Templar class...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ranaul
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:34 am    Post subject: (d20 HoE) Confusion about Templar class... Reply with quote

So I am gearing up to start running a Hell on Earth d20 game in a couple of weeks. While I was reading through the handbook, just as a refresher because its been a couple years since I've played I realized there was one thing I never did figure out.

On page 119 in the HoE handbook it states "Most standard D20 spells are available to arcane heroes in Hell on Earth. Templars choose powers as clerics, Doomsayers as sorcerers, and sykers as sorcerers."
And it goes on to have a prohibited Cleric/Templar spells lists.

Now the confusion comes from the fact that no where that I can find in the book does it talk about templars getting any powers other than rewards, which are very different from typical cleric spells. You don't cast them they are just innate abilities. Why would it go to the trouble of saying what cleric/templar spells are not allowed if templars don't get spells.

So...sorry for rambling a bit. I guess the bottom line is. Do templars get cleric spells, or is it some typo (god knows there are quite a few in these books). Thanks for any help.
PEGShane
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ranaul,

I'm afraid the folks that wrote the D20 version aren't with us any more, and I never played D20 DL or HOE myself, but I *think* the answer is that they get powers as Clerics.

Cheers Smile

Shane
ranaul
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response Shane and I hate to seem unappreciative of the response, but giving them spells just like clerics makes them completely overpowered because they have a Full BAB, while any other caster class does not. Idk... I was hoping someone who has tackled this problem before to have some input. As it is now I think I might stick with them not getting cleric spells at all. Or maybe I'll just convince them to learn Deadlands Classic. They are all pretty to roleplaying, just finished their first 3rd edition D&D game and I wanted to move to something I find more exciting but I know it took me quite awhile to get a hang of the classic rules.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great White Games/Pinnacle Entertainment Group Forum Index -> Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: